R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call

Nov 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several months of problem-free AA3, I now keep getting the same message: "Runtime error R6025 - pure virtual function call" whenever I press the Edit tab.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem? Will Uninstall and Re-Installing it work? I run Vista. I'm not really technically minded and it couldn't have come at a worst time as I'm trying to put together my entry for the Hospital Broadcasting Association awards with my limited AA3 knowledge.

Any help, preferably using words I can understand, would be appreciated.

PJ the DJ
=^..^=

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

R6025 - Pure Virtual Function Call

Nov 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several months of problem-free AA3, I now keep getting the same message: "Runtime error R6025 - pure virtual function call" whenever I press the Edit tab.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem? Will Uninstall and Re-Installing it work? I run Vista. I'm not really technically minded and it couldn't have come at a worst time as I'm trying to put together my entry for the Hospital Broadcasting Association awards with my limited AA3 knowledge.

Any help, preferably using words I can understand, would be appreciated.

PJ the DJ
=^..^=

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2008 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,<br /><br />It sounds as if the workspace files may have become corrupted in some way - at least that would be my first guess as to the cause. A quick way to test this would be to move or delete the folders that store these files and launch Audition again.<br /><br />Open Windows Explorer (My Computer) and navigate to C:\Users\<your_windows_username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition\3.0\ and move or delete the two Workspace folders there. Launch Audition and try to open Edit View again.<br /><br />If this fails, I would recommend a reinstall making sure to choose the ADVANCED UNINSTALL option which will remove all configuration and preference files. Be sure to Deactivate prior to uninstall just to make sure there won't be any problems on reinstall.<br /><br />Let us know what happens and if there is still trouble, we'll keep hacking.<br /><br />Thanks.<br />Durin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2008 0
Nov 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same error with Audition 3.0, Windows 7... Your solution solved the problem for me.  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2009 0
Feb 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe KB articles suggest several steps to correct this for other software.  Among them was

logging into the computer from a different account and if Audition works, then the problem is with the user account.  I did this

and eventually had to delete the Audition folder from the Adobe folder in my users & settings path under my user name.

Search "Pure Virtual" in the support section and the first KB article will directly mention this but in a different context than "Edit Mode" -- the way I was searching for it.  Follow those steps and you will probably have a working Audition without having to do a clean install 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2010 0
Oct 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this problem but only once in awhile, I wonder if it would be worth it to muck around.

IF you delete that workspace folder do you lose your efx presets or any other data that you have previously saved like shortcut keys and the like?

could anyone tell me exactly which folder name(s) should be deleted?

I'm on 3.0.1 thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2010 0
_durin_ LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workspace files are stored in the "DefaultWorkspaces" and "UserWorkspaces" folders.  you could rename those or move them to a new location, then launch Audition to have the defaults rebuilt.  If that doesn't solve the problem, you'd be able to move the original folders back.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2010 0