• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording midi into Audition for Video

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I am sure that this has been asked several times and I have seen similar queries but have not seen any answers that are current or completly relevant to me. I would continue to look for answers but this website is so slow and cumbersome that it has taken me about 15 min to get here just to post and it keeps dumping me back to the general choose a comunity page it seems without a buffer so it has to reload every time then I have to go to the audition page search the forum then start over again. 

tldr:

I am trying to use my Arturia Keylab 49 with Analog 5 and Pigments to add sound effects/ music to my projects. I am not expecting to create loops or lay do any serious editing I just want to hold down a key while I watch the video for timing is this possible with audition  or any of the adobe suite?

If not why not? I am actually asking this seriously.  I mean there has to be other Artist that need this feature.

Finally if it is not possible to do what seems to be a very basic step in creating audio/visual media what would you suggest I use?

My criteria is that I want to be able to add sound to a audio track in realtime from a midi instrument/controller using a vst plugin. If possible I would like this procces not to be cumbersome and allow for some back and forth editing for timing and just the plain old creative process.

A simplefied version of  my work flow consists of good old paper and pencil to 3ds max and a pile of related softwares including photoshop/ilustrator which is rendered to exr layers.  I also shoot with three different cameras generaly at 1080p. All this is assembled in after effects and edited with premier. I was hoping to use Audition as a final audio stop but...

My setup is a 8 core ryzen windows based machine with 64G of ram and an Presonus Audio box 96 and At2020 microphone. I have a Aturia KeyLab 49 analog Lab 5 and a basic copy of Ableton live 10.

Please if it cananot be done with audition then make some suggestions with why they are good solutions.

Budjet is always a major concern.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Feature request , Feature requests , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Sorry - Audition cannot use VSTi plugins, or any form of MIDI, as it is not a music creation tool as such. Its primary uses involve editing audio, either for radio, TV or podcasts, or for recording live musical events using real instruments. Editing is what it's designed to do. For what you want to do specifically, I'd look at something like Reaper, or Studio One. Reaper is cheaper, unless you go for the free version of Studio One, but I don't know how extensive that version is. There are some o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - Audition cannot use VSTi plugins, or any form of MIDI, as it is not a music creation tool as such. Its primary uses involve editing audio, either for radio, TV or podcasts, or for recording live musical events using real instruments. Editing is what it's designed to do. For what you want to do specifically, I'd look at something like Reaper, or Studio One. Reaper is cheaper, unless you go for the free version of Studio One, but I don't know how extensive that version is. There are some other potential options to look at here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve for getting back to me I appreciate you time and advice.

I understand that adobe audition is not a Daw I was honestly just hoping to be able to skip using/buying another piece of software in my work flow and just be able to do a little budjet foley work with my keyboard.  I guess there is no half measure solution if I want it to be simple. Is sound not 80% of film or somthing like that? I guess it deserves its own tools.

I am reluctant to deal with Presonus on principle as they do provide a copy of Studio One with the hardware I purchased but if I want to use a vst that will cost me extra. This just feels like a betrayal of my trust as they advertised it as an all in one solution for somone who wanted to create music that included a DAW so when I got it home and downloaded (very slow rural internet over night) and installed it was like "Oh! you need to give us more money for this to work with what you bought it for, You gulible Idiot!".  It just seems like a slippery slope of paying for suprise extra this and suprise extra that. I do realize that it is very popular software and very well regarded profesionally across many industries.  I promise I swallow my pride and will do some reasearch on it and prepare to spend the money that I will need to if I want use my keyboard/workstation with it. 

But...If I may take up an additional couple moments of your valued proffesional time and ask you why not ableton? (I am absolutley aware this is a Adobe Room)  I realize it is primarly a music tool but it apparently has a video play back component and my Key Lab plugs in and controls it. Is it a familiarity thing or have you experienced disapointment frustration or whatever? I am interested in your knowledge.

The number of digital tools already involved in my workflow is already pretty crazy but I guess I could stumble my way around another to make my project cooler and fun.  Considering that I remember shooting 70mil for film and 16 for commercials and the disapearance of the klegg lights then the reds, blondes and par cans its not such a big deal because I can fit it all in a backpack and I dont have to wear gloves because I will burn my hands.

Thanks again for your answer and time stay safe.

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no particular experience of Ableton, but if it will work for you, then why not? One of the things that would have partly at least got around your problem is Rewire, but unfortunately in the only version of Audition that had it (3), it didn't work particularly well. There's something to be said for having another go with it, but no takers amongst the developers - they're on a commercial trajectory in a slightly different direction and aren't allowed to do anything on a whim...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines