• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spectral Display select and slide

Mentor ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am selecting areas in the Spectral Frequency Displa, mid Frequency and would like to slide selection over into place without having my mouse (Windows) move my selection up or down. Is there a way to slide the selection over, locking its horizontal frequency position?

lets say make a selection from 3.6 kHZ to 1 kHz and want to drop it into same frequency range at a different time, but my mouse lifts or lowers selection slightly while dragging over.

Sometime like tracing the sound I want to repair, move selection to good portion of Spectral visualization, copy, move selection back, and paste. Or just copy from good position, and paste over bad.

yes, I can just move playhead and paste off of playhead position.

I can also select from bottom or top of Frequency display and slide over with mouse and use bottom or top selection as anchor point while I slide.

But is there a way to select in middle of spectral display and slide selection over horizontally without lifting or lowering?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Unfortunately there isn't simple way to do what you want AFAIAA. But having made a box selection with the Marquee tool you can extend just the ends without moving the selection up or down. So hover the mouse over the right hand end of the select so that you see the cursor change to a double ended arrow icon. Stretch the end over to the right to where you want the selection to end. Then go and select the left hand end and move that to the right to just select the bit that you want.

You can also do

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there isn't simple way to do what you want AFAIAA. But having made a box selection with the Marquee tool you can extend just the ends without moving the selection up or down. So hover the mouse over the right hand end of the select so that you see the cursor change to a double ended arrow icon. Stretch the end over to the right to where you want the selection to end. Then go and select the left hand end and move that to the right to just select the bit that you want.

You can also do the same with Shift+Left/Right cursor keys to move the start point of the selection left or right and similarly Shift+Ctrl+Left/Right cursor keys to move the end point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice.  Thanks Ry. I will be using both methods, mouse and keys, seems to get me where I need to be. Just need to keep the selection the same width and not slip by making it too narrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines