• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom H5 not working as audio interface, Audition 2020

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have a Zoom H5 and I want to use this to record my voice on a podcast. 

I've selected H5 as my audio input in Hardware settings and selected chanel 1 in Chanel Mapping, but although I can arm the track for record the level meters don't move and ther'e no audio coming from my mike.

Am I missing something? On one of the forums I read about downloading a driver for the Zoom - earlier in the year I was able to use this setup and it worked fine.

Many thanks, 

Bruce

TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac - macOS Catalina 10.15.1

So I've selected H5 as input, mapped channel to 1.  I can see that H5 gets its audio to my mac because when i look in prefences - sound I can see a level moving.  So the problem is getting audition to recognise H5 which is really frustrating!  Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like i'm experiencing the same issues trying to get recording input with the same setup on my H5, with Mac Catalina 10.15.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is what you already do, then my apologies, but... there are a series of steps you have to take in order to record anything. Firstly the device has to be seen by your computer and in the case of a Mac, aggregated into the sound system. It sounds as though you've managed that bit. Then you have to make sure it's set up in Audition, and available, ideally as the default device to record from. Then you have to select that input in the track controls - don't just rely on it saying 'default' or anything like that - make sure it's actually there and listed as the record source for the track. Then you have to arm the track for recording by hitting the R button at the top of the track controls, and finally you have to start the transport in Record mode.

I have been led to believe from previous comments that the step a lot of people seem to forget to do is arm the track for recording...

Anyway, if none of that applies, we'll look again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, have a look at this: If you can't record audio after installing mojave.... (this also includes Catalina)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines