• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Undo Batch Rename

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just batched renamed all my photos in a gallery. I wish to undo this. After some research I realized that I could've gone back to the original file name, if I had checked the  "preserve original file name" box. I did not. Why isn't batch rename easily undone? I mean really. A lot of people have had this problem over the years if you look at the forums. I don't understand why Adobe doesn't just make this changeable by a simple undo command.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say you batch rename 3,000 files and then want to revert them. Bridge would have to use RAM to keep track of 3,000 changes. This is why writing the change into the files is the supported method if you want the ability to revert filenames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The feature request forum is here:

Bridge | Photoshop Family Customer Community

I am not sure if such a request already exists or not.

Do you need help in trying to recover the original names (which may or may not be possible)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines