Exit

Adding bridge to workflow No photos

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed bridge. 

I have lightroom CC.

Synching on lightroom works fine between all of my devices.

Bridge does not show any of my files.  How do I see my files in my cloud?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI Lance,

I'm sorry but that's not how to use Bridge. For one thing, Bridge has no access to any Cloud images, it can only see the images on your computer (and it also does not do very well with Servers).

Here's how I use LR, LR Classic and Bridge. While this may not be what you're needing, it will explain how they differ.

-I use LR mostly to manage the images I take on my phone and images that I have placed in Collections in LR Classic.

-I use LR Classic for the vast majority of my images. LR-Classic has very robust keywording and I also use a folder structure for my images. Not everyone does this as many people solely use keywording, if I've taken a holiday to (say) New York), I'll have all of my New York images in one folder and sub-folders of the places I saw on my trip. While this can also be done with Keywording, I prefer to use both. I do use keywording if I go to someplace with woodworking I can use keywording to locate all of the places I've been to with woodworking.

-I use Bridge to look at images on my computer that do not have any need for long term storage. For example, I do belong to a woodworking club and I do the newsletter. If people send me photos for the newsletter I store them in a folder for an upcoming newsletter and can access them from there. In addition, If I take some photos of something to sell on Craigslist, I can view the photos via Bridge. From Bridge, I can open an image in Adobe Camera Raw for any enhancing and then to Photoshop for resizing and further cropping (if necessary). 

In simple terms. Bridge is a viewer of media. You can play Keep & Toss with your images, mark them for rating (although any rating you do in Bridge will not be seen by LR (and vise versa), and can open both tif, raw, and jpg images into Adobe Camera Raw directly from within Bridge. Also from Bridge there are tools to do mass renaming, and Image Processor so that you can take a bunch of images, then set up an single-stope operation to resize, rename, run an Action (from Photoshop), and save them in multiple forms all in one click.

Welcome to the journey...

Let me know if this gives you the basic abilities and limitations of the three programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines