Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding metadata to Contact Sheet other than Filename

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm having trouble finding out something that should be simple.

I need to make a contact sheet using Br, where both file name and dimensions can be seen below each picture. Can't find a way so if anyone does, please help.

If not available, Adobe, please update Br to be more efficient as doing the whole process manually is time consuming and technology should be here to help, right?

🙂

TOPICS
Batch , Feature request , How to , Metadata , Performance , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at Contact Sheet X:

ContactSheetX v2.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I do appreciate your suggestion but my issue seems to be a question in an exam and I'm not sure if they let you go through scripts to solve problems.

I believe you just get Bridge, Ps and Lr as they come in order to solve the exercise.

I have used other software like Photomechanic in the past and there was the option to add any kind of field related to the file beside the filename so we could check resolution/size or other important aspects after printing the set of image by just reading it from the printed pdfs. 

I can do it manually adding the info to filename field but.. it might take too much time that I might need for other tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Misspaynter,

I think this is what you're looking for?

2021-04-21_07-52-55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I do appreciate your suggestion but my issue seems to be a question in an exam and I'm not sure if they let you go through scripts to solve problems.

I believe you just get Bridge, Ps and Lr as they come in order to solve the exercise.

By @misspaynter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The built-in PDF export in Bridge cannot do this. Filename is available but dimensions are not and there is no way to dynamically add data during the export.

The only possible ways I am aware would be 1.a script that added text to the image itself and then made a pdf from those modified images rather than the originals. or 2. Batch Rename the originals so the filename included your extra data.

Both of those are clunky and would be a huge PITA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

or 2. Batch Rename the originals so the filename included your extra data.

Both of those are clunky and would be a huge PITA.

By @Lumigraphics

Agreed, my appraoch would be:

1) Batch rename with settings to write the original filename to the preserved filename metadata

2) Batch rename to append the dimensions to the end of the filename

3) Produce contact sheets

4) Batch rename to restore the preserved filename

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines