• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding searchable IPTC information to video in Bridge

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I had read an old post that indicated it was possible to use Bridge to add IPTC information to a video file so that it was searchable along with all my images, based on traditional caption, keywords, etc. I just added some to a .mov file and clicked the "apply" icon but the information doesn't appear to surface in a Mac finder or Sporlight search or in other imaging programs like Photo Mechanic. Any way to accomplish this?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
How to , Metadata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please have a look at this article to know how you can add IPTC info to a video in Bridge: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/bridge/using/metadata-adobe-bridge.html#add_metadata_using_the_file_info_...

Also, what version of Bridge and the Operating System are you working on?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil, thanks very much. I'm operating on Mojave presently. I also did discover that Photo Mechanic from Camerabits also can add an XMP sidecar to files which is searchable. Thanks again and happy holidays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some video formats support XMP data and some don't. If it isn't working in Bridge, you can try EXIFtool to see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it and thanks much. I think I have a make-do solution while video becomes more part of a standard photo editing workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines