• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge é realmente um desastre?

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eu trabalho com design e ilustrações. Tenho um banco de dados com mais de 50 mil imagens, com diversos tamanhos e extensões.

Muitas vezes faço busca dentro desses arquivos. Sempre usei o Explorer do próprio Windows para fazer essa busca. Nunca precisei do Bridge.

Faz algum tempo que os thumbnails do PS não aparecem mais no Explorer. Isso impossibilitou que eu fizesse essa busca, ou então trabalhasse com ele para procurar arquivos.

Cheguei a instalar softwares third-party para apresentar os thumbnails. Mas ultimamente não tenho encontrado mais programas assim que fossem gratuitos ou então que funcionassem.

Fui forçado, pela própria Adobe, a usar o Bridge.

Justamente porque o Explorer não consegue mais mostrar thumbnails de PSD.

Até aí tudo bem. O Bridge vem junto com minha assinatura.

Acontece que o programa, para mim, é uma tragédia. Ele é lento, precisa sempre carregar TODOS os arquivos para que eu faça uma busca decente. Muitas vezes ele congela e preciso fechar. O consumo de memória é impressionante -- não à toa que o próprio programa, sabendo da sua própria deficiência em emular o Explorer, pede sempre que eu limpe o caché das buscas.

Quando eu usava o Explorer, isso não acontecia.

Estou fazendo algo errado? Minha forma de trabalhar é inapropriada para o uso do Bridge? Ou o programa é mesmo deficiente, lento, pesado, com uma estrutura confusa e precária?

O ÚNICO motivo que eu uso o Bridge é porque os arquivos PSD não possuem mais thumbnails com miniaturas. Por que, por tantos anos a fio, a Adobe ignora essa questão? Qual a relevância mercadológica ou então política que move a empresa? Eu duvido que seja incompetência, mas posso levar isso em consideração, se for o caso.

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Provazi,

First, I have to let you know I'm working on the Microsoft Translation of your issue, and there are some places the translation is probably not all that good. So, if I mention something that is inaccurate, I'm doing the best I can with the translation.

Now, the translation says that you have a database of 50,000 images. Two questions: is that a formal database such as Access, or is that an inaccurate translation? Next, are these images all in one folder? If so, that's the problem.

Bridge CAN NOT deal with that many images at one time — it will show the symptoms you describe. Explorer can do that, but Bridge cannot because Bridge is doing much more than just showing the jpg default image many images can contain. Bridge is looking at things like colorspace and a whole lot more. 

If you want an application that CAN work with 50,000 images AND is a database with significant search capabilities and much more, I suggest you look into Lightroom Classic. Unfortunately, I cannot know your full needs, and Lightroom Classic may have already been rejected. Nonetheless, you may wish to look at it again.

Meanwhile, if you wish to continue to test Bridge, I strongly suggest you start organizing your images. Folders do not have more than (say) 500 images (you can experiment to see what's the more efficient number for you). And see that your settings are set to this for the fastest operation:

2021-10-29_12-42-10.png

I wish I could help you more, but you have a number of very specific conditions, and it might be challenging to find the best option for your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, @gary_sc,

Thank you for your reply. I'm pretty sure the translator did a good job, but it seems you still haven't understood my venting here.

Two questions: is that a formal database such as Access, or is that an inaccurate translation? Next, are these images all in one folder? If so, that's the problem.

The images are all in one folder, separated by themes in subfolders.

Bridge CAN NOT deal with that many images at one time — it will show the symptoms you describe. Explorer can do that, but Bridge cannot because Bridge is doing much more than just showing the jpg default image many images can contain. Bridge is looking at things like colorspace and a whole lot more.

I'm not interested in the other features Bridge have. As I said, the ONLY reason I have to use Bridge is because I can't see PS thumbnail images any longer through Explorer. And that's Adobe's way to force me into using a software which is mostly useless for me.

If you want an application that CAN work with 50,000 images AND is a database with significant search capabilities and much more, I suggest you look into Lightroom Classic.

So you're suggesting me to BUY another product from Adobe just because I can't see PSD thumbnails on Explorer. Cool, but thanks!

Meanwhile, if you wish to continue to test Bridge, I strongly suggest you start organizing your images.

This other suggestion is to organize images by myself, which I didn't need to do when Explorer was reading PSD thumbnail images. I know you don't officially represent Adobe itself, but I find this strange: I'm buying a product (not so cheap here for us) that asks me to work for him. Weird, huh? Specially for a trillionaire monopoly like Adobe. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

I wish I could help you more, but you have a number of very specific conditions, and it might be challenging to find the best option for your needs.

No. I don't have a "number of specific conditions".

My condition is only ONE: being able to see PSD thumbnails on Explorer. That's all I'm asking. I'm not even slightly interested on Bridge.

I hope you now undertstand my rant. Thanks anyway for your attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Provazi,

Well, I think the translation was worse than you realize. Fortunately, your English here is excellent, and I understand your issue much better. For example, at one point, it translated your text in part to state, "…I have a database with more than 50,000 images."

What was I to think other than you had your images, or at least their names, in a database?

As would be assumed, I cannot help you with PSD images and Explorer. And, if you're being true here and are not even slightly interested in Bridge, I'm not entirely sure why you are here.

Regarding my suggestion of Lightroom Classic, I was assuming that you have the Photoshop Plan that provides: Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, Lightroom, and Bridge. But, I do not know if that offering of programs is only available in a limited number of countries (and I do not know where you are located). Otherwise, for all we know, you already have access to Lightroom and Lightroom classic.

Anyhow, for us to continue in any fashion, please accept that I AM trying to help you, and for you to, please stop the "RANT," talk with me, and explain what it is you need Bridge to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As would be assumed, I cannot help you with PSD images and Explorer. And, if you're being true here and are not even slightly interested in Bridge, I'm not entirely sure why you are here.

I am here because Adobe gives Bridge as the ONLY option to see PSD thumbnail images. That's why I'm here. I am being forced to use this software just for that. And it stinks.

We don't need to continue this conversation. You already know what I want and you seem to be clueless why Adobe does not let Explorer show PSD thumbnails. And they don't give a damn about it. Thank you for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, you want a solution: get a Mac, I can easily see any PSD on my Mac. Talk to Microsoft if you want help.

But cut the attitude. I tried to help you, I really did. 

Good bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Só rindo mesmo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines