• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge 12.0.1.246 Will Not Preview Some Images

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I recently updated my photoshop to 23.3.1 on my 2020 Mac Mini M1 and bridge stopped previewing some of my files. On my 2016 MacBook Pro Bridge previewed all of my files correctly but I did notice that I'm running photoshop 23.3 on my laptop. So I downgrade my photoshop on my Mac Mini to 23.3 and that didn't solve the problem. I upgrade my photoshop on my laptop to the latest version 23.3.1 to see if Bridge on my laptop would start behaving like Bridge on my Mac Mini but it worked fine.

I don't know what else to do! I need some help, please. 

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try upgrading your PS to the most recent and upgrading your ACR to the most recent. Keep Bridge at the most recent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gary,

The problem started when I updated my PS to the most recent. That's why I downgraded to an older version but that didn't make any difference. So I upgraded to the newest version.

My AB is the newest version and I did downgrade to an older version but it didn't make any difference either. 

I am on the Cloud platform so when I upgrade PS camera raw is updated automatically. What I can't understand is why this is happening on my newer computer but not on my old laptop. 

Oh, one other thing. If I try to open the thumbnail that is not previewing I get a message saying that PS does not recognize the file type. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Antonio,

I'm sorry if my first suggestion seemed "weak," but when trying to solve issues, it's important, in the beginning, to verify what one is working with. Especially something like this where your important screenshot is #3 where some images' have thumbnails and others do not. 

That's annoying!

What I'd like you to try is to go to Tools (menu) -> Cache -> Purge cache for folder "XXX" (which is the current folder. 

IF THAT WORKS, then go to the other option in that menu command "Manage Caches…" Click on the bottom option "Clean Up Cache" and also click on the "Purge all local cache files."

Please let me know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for liking my answers.

Did anything work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gary,

I had to get some help from Adobe. However, while they were troubleshooting I identify what was causing the problem. 

I use Dropbox to host my files so that I can work on them from different computers and locations. This means that I have to use the Dropbox desktop app on my computers. The app syncs my files online with the app on the desktop. So, what was happening is some of the files were not syncing and Bridge couldn't see them.   

Simple problem but if you don't know it could ruin your day or weeks :)! 

Thanks for all your recommendation and following up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, that will teach me a few more questions to ask when starting on helping.

Thanks for letting me know these details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines