Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge 14 keeps crashing regardless of measures. MacOS Big Sur

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I hope someone can help me with this issue. I'm using iMac 27" 2017 macOS Big Sur version 11.7 - I just updated it hoping it would help, but I will not update it to the next OS for now.

I've read a lot of posts and followed a lot of instructions to solve the problem, but nothing helped. After I open Bridge, it takes between 3 to 5 minutes for it to crash. I have a few versions installed, and they all crash. This was not happening 2 months ago, it started recently. It seems something in my computer is the problem. But how do I find out? I get an error report, which is 67 pages long. I have no clue. Copying below which seems to be most important. If you want me to find some other error info, please let me know.  I'm growing very desperate as I really need to use Bridge. 

Thank you so much in advance!

Ava

Crashed Thread:        13  Mondo Worker

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb

Terminating Process:   exc handler [34766]

VM Regions Near 0:

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AvaGeorg 

Thank you for reporting the issue, we are able to fetch the crash reports you have submitted. Could you please share few more details about

- File type you work on, average number of files in a folder

- the kind of operation you perform on Bridge.

This will help us to analyse and replicate the issue at our end.

Regards,

Swati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Swati Agarwal 

Thank you for your reply. 

The file types are mostly .AI .EPS, and .JPEG files.

What operation - that's hard to answer, no operation really, just opening Bridge to preview the flies, as I don't see all the previews in Finder. No other operations. Basically, I only need Bridge to view my files. 

The number of files - a lot, let's say 5000 and more. I tried with different folders, only with AIs, smaller folders, mixed folders - the result is the same, Bridge starts ok, and I'm able to preview pretty much all the files, but within 5 minutes, I guess while rendering all the previews, Bridge crashes.

I don't get it, I have older and the newest version of Bridge. They both crash now. This was not happening 2 months ago.

What could be the reason? Should I perform any tasks on my Mac?

Thank you,

AG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines