Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge 2022 thumbnails does not update after editing the photos

Participant ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I’m in the last Adobe Bridge Version (12.0.2.252) and the DGN thumbnails are not updating after editing in ACR as it used to happen.
Photo thumbnails remain under or over exposed as tooked, even after been edited in ACR.
Can anyone help me on this one?
Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Hmm, sorry to hear that. OK, the next step is to rebuild Bridge's Preferences. Here's how:

Quit Bridge (if running). Just before clicking on Bridge in the Dock or double-clicking the application, for the Mac, press Command-Option-Shift. For PCs, press Control-Alt -Shift. Then open Bridge BUT KEEP your fingers on those keys until you see a window pop up. From the window, choose “Reset Preferences," "Entire Thumbnail Cache”, and/or "Reset Standard Workspaces.” In your case, choose "Reset Prefere

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PNog,

I'm assuming you mean DNG thumbnails (no problem, typos exist). 

The first thing I'd do is to rebuild the Cache for that folder. Go to Tools (menu) -> Cache -> (select the folder that you're working in).

Let us know if that solves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,
DNG, of course :)))) My mistake. Sorry.
Under Tools > Cache menu, I have two options. ’Manage Cache…” and “Purge Cache For Folder…” 
I purged the cache for the folder in question but it didn't update the thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, sorry to hear that. OK, the next step is to rebuild Bridge's Preferences. Here's how:

Quit Bridge (if running). Just before clicking on Bridge in the Dock or double-clicking the application, for the Mac, press Command-Option-Shift. For PCs, press Control-Alt -Shift. Then open Bridge BUT KEEP your fingers on those keys until you see a window pop up. From the window, choose “Reset Preferences," "Entire Thumbnail Cache”, and/or "Reset Standard Workspaces.” In your case, choose "Reset Preferences."

Oh, one other quick question: where are these files located? That is, on the Desktop? External Drive. Pictures folder? Where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary, my files are located in an external SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gary,
For now, it worked with the preferences reset.
Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines