• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge auto adjusts Raw images.

Participant ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter what picture style I use. The images look different in LCD preview, but once they are uploaded to Adobe Bridge and they turn out exactly the same. It seems like Bridge are using some defaults and adding them to every images. How can I prevent this from happening?

I have unchecked "Apply auto tone and color adjustments", but it didn't help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

If you stop and think about what raw images are, it is obvious that they need “adjustment” or processing/development.

In Bridge (with Photoshop/ACR installed/working correctly) go to the Edit menu > Develop Settings and select a preset (you may need to create one yourself to offer the default rendering you desire).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you stop and think about what raw images are, it is obvious that they need “adjustment” or processing/development.

In Bridge (with Photoshop/ACR installed/working correctly) go to the Edit menu > Develop Settings and select a preset (you may need to create one yourself to offer the default rendering you desire).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I do know the RAW file, but what I didn't know is that every image turn out similar no matter what picture style I use, no matter how flat I shoot the image. They all turn out exactly the same.

I will take a look at the develop settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "Picture Style" are you referring to camera settings e.g. Canon DSLRs have many pictures styles? You seem to suggest you are shooting in RAW, if so then what you see on your camera LCD is a jpeg preview and they will look different. However ACR will not see any of this and when you first open images they will be set to your default values, whatever they may be, hence they will all look the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I shoot a fish eye photo is should be a fish eye photo Bridge is automatically appling a profile correction that is not wanted, nor can you tell it has been made - so it thinks you should not have fisheye photos. This is what I want to switch off - goodness knows what else bridge is hiding from me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Camera Raw, under "Optics", uncheck "Use profile corrections".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thks Eric, but I had worked that out. The problem is that that this reverses the correction, and you can do it IF you know it has been done. I want to see the original - ie I can use several lenses in one session, so I may not know which is the fish-eye - apart form it looks terible corrected. What I wnat is to see in Bridge un corrected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could set your ACR default settings so that no profile corrections are applied.

You can do that globally or per camera body.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines