Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge CC 2018 [Bridge displays Raw versions of mono shots in color]

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Why is Adobe Bridge turning my black and white photos (RAW-file) into color when I look at them in the program? If I photograph something in black and white, I want to look at them in black and white. Can I change this somehow?

/Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only a monochrome digital camera actually shoots black and white (like some Leicas.) All others shoot color and set a flag that indicates monochrome.

However, Camera RAW may not recognize that setting. Do they show as black and white in your camera vendor software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only use Bridge to prewiew the pictures in the computer. In the camera it self they shows up as black and white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge displays Raw files in color regardless of the Picture Style used in camera. You can then convert to B&W in post processing.

To see the B&W version you photographed, view the JPG version from the camera. The embedded JPG processed by the camera is what you saw on the camera screen.

Do you set your camera to shoot RAW+JPG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah...but I want to see them in black and white when I make my choise when I select...

I only shoot in RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are NOT black and white. Adobe doesn't know about the camera setting. So you have to manually convert them or use the camera vendor's RAW processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah...thought that would be possible though... Well well 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I only shoot in RAW.

Try RAW+JPG so you’ve always got a copy of the in-camera B&W shot to compare to your converted RAW image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines