• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge CC2020 behaves erratically and loses a selected file of range of selected files

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on a Mac Pro 2013 with Catalina 10.15.2 and use Adobe CC2020 in my workflow. I use a Logictech M510 wireless mouse. As a photographer I use Adobe Bridge for culling photos but recently this has become a complete nuicance as Adobe Bridge is acting up. Very often when I select either an individual file or a selected range of files to compare in the preview window, the selection gets dropped and a random image gets selected. This happen both with or without scrolling by the mouse. 

The culling process does take forever now. Any suggestions to what is the issue here? 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

YOU do but does Bridge?

OK, One of the biggest problems that Catalina has given us is the need to have to change permissions on folders. Have you checked to see if the folder the original files are in have their permissions set to allow Bridge (or any application) access?

To do this, select the folder that you're working with and press Command-i (i for information). A new window will pop up on the left side of the screen. On the bottom you will see a region called "Sharing & Permissions:"

setting permissions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hbimage,

Quick question: have you change/fixed your folder's permissions. By this I mean the folders that your images are contained in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so... Is there a way to check for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked and I have viewing and editing permission for the folder containg the images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU do but does Bridge?

OK, One of the biggest problems that Catalina has given us is the need to have to change permissions on folders. Have you checked to see if the folder the original files are in have their permissions set to allow Bridge (or any application) access?

To do this, select the folder that you're working with and press Command-i (i for information). A new window will pop up on the left side of the screen. On the bottom you will see a region called "Sharing & Permissions:"

setting permissions.png

See if "everyone" has read and write" priveleges?

If not, try this:

To do anything here, you need to unlock the padlock on the bottom right. Click it and a window will pop up asking you for your authorization (your Mac password). Once that's done, clic on the "Everyone" and on the right change "Read only," to "Read & Write."

Now, if there are folders inside this, go to the dropdown gear below and select "Apply to enclosed items..." and you can save yourself some time.

HOWEVER: be judicious when you do this. This should ONLY be done if there are nothing but documents inside these folders. Never ever do this if there are applications or preferences or other application-related files. Don't ask me how I know this to be true. Otherwise, I do this all the time as necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bridge seem to be working much better now. Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines