• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge Darkens My jpegs then changes then for photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is recent and a Bridge Bug.  I open a jpeg in Photoshop. I save it.  I open it.  It is the same color.  I open it in the Bridge.  It is dark and dull.  I reopen it in Photoshop.  It is now dark and dull.  If I do this to a folder I can watch he Bridge take nice colors and darken them one by one.  Luckily, if I open them in another, free thumbnail viewer, the colors are correct.  However Photoshop and the Bridge are useless for these images.  Do you understand?  All these other companies can see imatges your images processor has flattened from camera raw correctly, but your software can't.  The Bridge is writing a color profile into every image whether I like it or not.  I have reset profiles to vanilla in both software time and time agiain.  They match.  This is your bug.  And it bleeds back into Adobe Raw from the Bridge too.  

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge is a File Manager program. It really doesn't Open any file. It Displays it but that is all. It can not Edit, change, adjust, any files.

It is the Adobe equal of the File manager that comes with the OS you are using on your computer, File Exporer for Windows and Finder for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That, unfortuantely is incorrect.  And I so wish you were right. And it is another reason why the Bridge is such a slow perfomer.  I have watched in awe this happen to 3000 thumbnails in a folder of pholtoshop files I've just run through the image processor.  I watch them turn from their original color one by one to a darker duller hue, that remains that color in Photoshop.  This takes a lot of time.  That xml data from ACR is still there in converted jpeg.  Maybe, who knows, maybe the Bridge is reading it by mistake. Open a a jpeg in photoshop.  Save  it .  Open it in Photoshop.  It looks the same.  Now open it in the Bridge.  The Bridge applies color settings to that jpg that darken before my eyes that then are reflected in Photshop and I cannot change.  In the Bridge Suite color settings the first line in bold says SYNCHRONIZED, which means to me its color settings are applied across ACR, Photoshop and Bridge.  Upon inspection, that is the case.  However, outside the Adobe ecosysstem that not the case.  Application of these color settings do, in fact, require the Bridge to write to jpegs, thumbnails, etc. and slow processing time.  I disagrre with you, but I really need your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, and one more thing.  The Bridge is not a simple file manager.  Its great function of copy and pasting settings across large numbers of images is a change/update function.  This requires much more than what you're talking about.  This is why color managemnet is in the middle of this mess and it is WHY this is causing global changes to Photoshop and ACR.  This probably architecturally incorrect anyhow and should remain with Photoshop.  I don't know, but this a quandary where a great program, Photoshop, is compromised by an external thumbnail viewer, and the thumbnail viewer is compromised by settings applied willy nilly After the Fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report or request
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs Adobe video & audio apps
-FEATURE REQUEST/BUG REPORT FORM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's some misunderstanding to suggest 'Video & Audio & Animator programs'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats your color profile in Camera Raw preeferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines