• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge deleting files on network share?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have been troubleshooting an issue of missing files from a server. I understand that Adobe's stance is that it does not support server saving/usage.

A few users have reported files disappearing off a network share. One user had a folder open in Adobe Bridge, only to notice that a subfolder disappeared. Server logs and client workstation auditing shows that the files were deleted by the user (everything matches up, including timestamps). User states that the folder was not deleted intentionally.

After review of of these instances, a commonality is that all the users who report missing folders all have Bridge installed on their workstations. We suspect that Bridge might be somehow deleting files/folder without user intervention. Have anyone had similar experiences?

Adobe Bridge installations are all recent/updated. These missing folders appear to occur over both AFP and SMB protocols. Client machines are macOS High Sierra, Mojave, and Windows 7, 10 workstations.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a same issue, did you find any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. No, we have not found a solution to this, and i keeps occurring ever few months. We don't know what triggers it. It might be an issue with Adobe Bridge, it migh be InDesign.

Can you share your experience so that maybe we can try to figure this out together? Adobe does not acknowledge this bug exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Since we removed the "fruit:locking = none" line from the smb4.conf, there is no deleted files.

I hope this helps you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines