• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge does not Support Keywording Function for Files Stored on External Hard Drive

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

So I learned about Adobe Bridge's keywording function and was so excited to organize my external hard drive through this system. Several of my projects have images made across the years and therefore live in different folders. The keywording system *seemed* to be a great idea to view all of the images of a single project simultaneously, even though they are stored in different folders. However, I found out via Customer Support that Bridge's Keywording function is only designed for images stored on the computer's internal hard drive. Bridge does not work for images that are keyworded that live on an external hard drive. It ONLY works for images stored on an external hard drive IF you hand click through each folder to activate the Keywording metadata of the images, which nullifies the point of keworking them for easy access in the first place. I don't see why it is not designed to work with external hard drives. Professionals and many hobbyists alike work primarily off of External hard drives so I'm very shocked and dissapointed in this. I hope in the future Adobe can design Bridge's keywording function to work with images stored on an external hard drive. 

TOPICS
Feature request , Keywords , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not true. Keywords work fine on external drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

make sure you assign your file cache with file location

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines