• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge preference is locked/ PS batch process menu is gone

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached the screenshots. Whenever I click on "preference", I get this dialogue box that says the file is locked. I've never seen this before. Also "Photoshop" menu under "Tools" is gone forever. I can't find answers on this anywhere. Is there anyone from Adobe here? Can anyone help me out on this? By the way, I'm using the latest verion of Photoshop & Bridge together, so they should be compatible together. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 10.57.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-30 at 10.57.03 AM.png

TOPICS
Batch , Image processor , Problem or error , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Catalina? If so, be sure to install the latest update, apparently it has fixes for Adobe issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, but I'm using the latest version. I erased and re-installed the app more than 20 times. It's just not working. I feel like I've found an error that even Adobe cannot solve.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi W0n,

If you are reinstalling Bridge, that's the wrong direction. Photoshop (and Illustrator) install these menu items, not Bridge. What you need to try is to uninstall PS, and then re-install it.

Please let us know if that works,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your reply. I had tried entirely erasing PS and BR with all the settings before I came to this forum. I tried doing it again this morning. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I also have this dialogue box whenever I launch Br. It's so weird. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 9.44.22 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check in preferences to see which startup script is not loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get when I click "Preference" in Br. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 10.42.33 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi W0n,

OK, wow, you have some major install issues there. 

Just out of curiosity, did you actually "uninstall" Bridge and PS or did you delete the two? There is a big big difference. If you deleted (took the Bridge and PS applications and dumped them into the trash) as opposed to uninstall (from the Adobe CC app), you leave lots of program "stuff" all over your hard drive and subsequent instillations may be affected becuase it wants to install something at some location but that thing is already there so it fails to update that thing. (Sorry for my technical language ;>))

Please use this cleaner too:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

and follow the instructions on that page. Then try installing again from the top. Please do not leave out any steps.

Let us know how it works out,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, something got borked with your permissions. Usually programs don't use "uninstall" on the Mac, but Adobe drops files everywhere and using the cleaner script is one way to get rid of everything.

If a complete removal and reinstall doesn't work, run Disk Utility on your hard drive to see if something is gone bad with your system install.

You can also try testing with a second user account; if that works, you have something corrupted in your existing account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I erased the entire apps using the cleaning tool, and reinstalled them. It still doesn't show Photoshop menu. Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 12.35.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also still get this message every time I launch the Bridge.Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 2.56.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not your Adobe installation, something got borked in your system. I'd create a new user account next and try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your tip.  I'd contact IT department and ask them to see if they can help me with my account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines