Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge Star Label Rating Not Working

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

The star label rating is no longer working in my adobe bridge 2019. It stopped working in adobe bridge 2017, so I updated to 2019 and it still is not working. The ratings on my previous RAW images have stayed, but I cannot change the ratings or add any new ones. I have also lost to ability to duplicate my RAW images, which I use often to make color and black and white versions of the same photo. I have seen various other posts with this same issue, but none of the posted solutions have worked for me. I have tried purging the cache, downloading new versions, etc. Any help is appreciated. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erinm,

With Bridge 2019 you need to have the image selected before you can place a rating. Do you have the image selected? On some releases you also need to drag to the right to add a rating and then drag to the left to decrease the rating. This was changed in later releases. Since you didn't mention which release of 2019 you currently have I'm letting you know of this change.

If you do this by key command, you might want to check the Preferences as you may need to have your Command/Control key pressed if this box is checked.

2019-09-30_17-43-40.png

Let us know if any of this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Bridge version 9.1 and I select the image before I try to rate it. Still nothing changes. I also went to my preferences and unchecked that box and still my labels are not working. Do you have any other suggestions on why this is not working? I've never had this issue in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are your files located- a local drive, network, etc? Do you have read/write privileges on that drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on files off my SD card from my desktop. I don’t have any read/write privileges. I was working on editing photos and was able to label images and also duplicate images fine and then all of a sudden I wasn’t able to label any images anymore or duplicate any images. This is when I updated to the newest version of adobe bridge hoping that would solve the issue, which it didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the problem. Don't try to work off an SD card, they are NOT designed for that. Copy the files to a hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you working to a local drive or across the network?

Try resaving one file from Photoshop, then see if you can rate the newly saved file as a test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines