• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge v10.0.2.131 very laggy

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014 - 4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 - 

32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4 GB) to Catalina last week. Ever since, Bridge (v10.0.2.131) has been running very laggy to the point that it's become unusable. If I quit then restart the program, it'll speed up for awhile. But it will eventually slow to a crawl, making the entire computer almost unusable. I can hear the fan spinning at high speed whereas I almost never hear it all. When I last checked Activity Monitor, Bridge was using over 300% of the CPU.
I've rebooted the computer a couple of times as well but to no avail.

What can I do to alleviate the problem?

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with the performance of Bridge 2020.

Please go to the "System Preferences" of your Mac, the "Security and Privacy" and select the "Privacy" tab. Then select "Accessibility" from the list on the left and add Bridge 2020 to the list. Also, grant permissions to Bridge 2020 under "Files and Folders" and "Full disk access". Once done, restart the computer and check if that helps.

You can also try the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. I've followed your advice plus some from other sources(also having to do with the new Security and Privacy settings) and it now appears to be working properly. Thanks again for the suggestions and quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon. I'm still having intermittent laggy response times. I've followed "System Preferences" info, plus the "helpx" link, but am still having the issues. I'll continue troubleshooting and keep you informed if I can figure out the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add that once I hear my fans start spinning at high speed, I know the slow down is about to start. At this point, I just quit and restart the program. Then work until it all happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding that whenever Bridge 10.0.2.131 decides to "Generate Previews" to go get a cup of coffee. On a new MB Pro 10.0.2.131 running under Mojave, you can't even type in a metadata field (type one letter, wait, type another letter, wait, etc. ... non-existant type-ahead. Lots of lovely spinning apple color wheels as well...

Did I mention 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, 1TB SSD (and Bridge catalog is on SSD), Mojave?

I did the above preferences thing (same thing for Catalina applies for Mojave). Helped, a little.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I said cup of coffee, that's because as Mark_Katz indicated above, fans on the Mac were going and EVERYTHING else was locked up, even outside of Bridge (specifically, TextEdit, one of the most lightweight Mac progs).

Managed to Quit Bridge (finally responed to a command-Q--knew better than to force quit while cache was being written to) and the restarted. No cup of coffee. I.e., everything began working like it should. I purged cache for the folder I was working in and it came up, started regenerating the previews (BTW, folder of 683 Nikon D850 NEF files, no compression, about 45MB each) and worked just fine.

It appears there is some kind of bug in Bridge (and I'm just going to guess, cache processing, but that's just a guess based on my personal experience) that puts Bridge at a very high priority thread not playing nicely with the OS. The fans going crazy usually means the CPU is burning cycles (did somebody slip in a bubble sort or something?).

Just my $0.02 worth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines