• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe has written a Runtime request to close program as soon as it opens for cs5

Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has written a Runtime request to close program as soon as it opens for cs5

what do you think of that?

adobe has written a runtime request to close program down as soon as it starts for cs5.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm Mac based but the only thing that I can think of that comes to mind is that CS5 is very very old and has long lost any support. As such, if you're trying to run that in a more recent OS, the application is letting you know that it can't function and is suggesting you contact Adobe and ask for help. 

It's time for new software whether from Adobe or anyone else. 

Sorry to be blunt here but that's the software/hardware world we live in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not true, by saying it is, you enable the thieves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how you got that old software that will no longer run on a modern OS will encourge thieves. If it the software isn't compatable with the OS you're using a thief won't be able to make it work. He may sucker you into thinking it would, but it still won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have determined the problem: Windows 10 update issue. Am on it. Still (CS5) working perfectly on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Windows issue. I would try uninstall/reinstall to see if that fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • Definitely a Windows update problem, since I downloaded the new 2019 Windows 10, all is working well. CS5 is working perfectly well on Windows 10 (minus  quite a few photoshop extensions, which I’m a bit annoyed about because I tested it for them and it was working perfectly fine on CS5 / Windows 10, fine, but when they finished the product, they made it unavailable to me ( apparently incompatible) mean mean mean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines