• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying problem with Bridge v11.0.1

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I now log into Bridge v11.0.1, I get a pop-up message saying that Adobe can't confirm my subscription status. This is possibly (I'm told) because I'm not connected to the internet. I should also (I'm advised) uncheck the automatic updating of my clock in Preferences on my iMac. I am connected to the internet and unchecking the automating updating of the clock on my Mac makes no difference at all. However, if I log in using the previous version of Bridge (v10.1.1) I have no such problems. What is going on here? I should add two things. If I dismiss the pop-up message, I can still use Bridge v11.0.1 fine. And while the pop-up message isn't serious, it is increasingly annoying. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled v 11.0.1 but it makes no difference: I get the same problem. Any suggestions gratefully received.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having exactly the same thing happen to me (on Mac OS 10.14 latest) after I updated to Bridge 2021. Have tried all the suggested fixes from various threads that detail the same problem, and at best the pop-up is only removed temporarily. This must be some kind of bug and while it's not serious it is really annoying and a fix would be appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maxfindlay If you're still looking for a solution, I think I found a fix.

There seem to be different reasons for the recurring “can’t verify your subscription status” popup.
For those getting the popup after updating from Bridge 20 to 21, this might be a solution. (Thanks to mariaanv32552230 on another thread for pointing this out).

Briefly:
Uninstall Bridge in Creative Cloud. And then re-install it.

In detail:
Open the Creative Cloud desktop app (all the following actions are done in this app). Bridge and Adobe Camera Raw are listed under your apps. Click on the three dots on the right of the Bridge listing and uninstall Bridge. A dialog will appear. Choose to keep Bridge folders, settings, notifications, etc. After Bridge has been uninstalled, look below at the list of available apps in your subscription. Bridge should be there. Click to install it. Then click the Open button to launch it.

So far it's working for me. No annoying popup.

A possible reason for the problem.
After updating from Bridge 20 to 21 I got the recurring popup. Because I wasn't able to update via the CC app; I did so via the Adobe store. So then I had 2 copies of Bridge, 20 & 21, on my laptop. I deleted 20 and its associated folders. This I think caused a disconnect between Bridge and CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this bb-mobile. Will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bb-mobile Thank you so much!  That finally worked after hours of trying all the various solutions. I will do this on my other computer too, as 2 of my computers were receiving this annoying error with Bridge 2021 only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried this bb-mobile but without success. However I haven't uninstalled previous versions of Bridge (which worked fine) because I want some version of Bridge to work if Bridge 21 doesn't. Are you saying that I should uninstall every previous version of Bridge before updating to Bridge 21?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@maxfindlay  I found this thread because I was having the same issue on not one, but two laptops.  On one laptop, I only had Bridge 2021, as I uninstalled the old version of Bridge. The error still continued to occur.  Since I tried everything else to clear this error, I though I would just try again.  This time, uninstalled, then updated Camera raw update, as I was unsure if that was related.  After reinstalling, the error no longer is displaying.  So, I did the same on the second laptop.  It too worked.  On that one, I has 2 versions of Bridge. I did uninstall the old version first though.  No error as of yesterday.  

I have not checked today yet, so let sees if it holds.  The reason I say this is because one other time I was able to remove the error removing certificates and it came back the next day.  I am crossing my fingers this works long term. And I did uninstall and reinstall once before without success.   I do feel this is a bug that needs to be fixed by Adobe though.  Many experience this issue in Bridge 2021 according to my extensive research. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines