• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to get Bridge 2023 to automatically open the download windows when I connect my camera?

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Bridge 2022, I could plug in my camera, and Windows Autoplay would open the Bridge Photodownloader.  With two clicks from there I could download all my photos, delete them from the camera, and open bridge to view them.

With Bridge 2023 this will not work.  I can still open photo downloader from "File -> Get Photos From Camera", and it still works the same when I open it, but I can't get it to auto-run anymore.  Even if I change the Windows Autoplay settings back to "Ask me every time" for plugging in the Camera, when I click "Download Images (Adobe Bridge 2023)" nothing at all happens.

I can't seem to downgrade to the 2022 version of bridge either as a free user, which means I can't go back to the old version that just worked for this.  If anyone has any thoughts on how to get this working again, or how to downrgade to bridge 2022 with the free version, I would love to hear from you.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting the issue.

We are able to reproduce this on Bridge 2023 and the team is investigating the same.

Thanks,

Bridge Team  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, glad you're working to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reported the same problem. Thanks for fixing this. Hope it will work as usual soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, please let us know when you have corrected it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Windows system is set to autoplay memory cards with Bridge 2023 but it still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue is fixed in Nov 24 update of Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue

Also having issues when in 100% preview, bridge forgets where you are... example, space bar, arrow key forward, space bar, bridge is not on the right image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, worked fine in 2022 version but with 2023 version I have to open bridge itself then get photos from camera.

Looking forward to this fix as it will greatly improve my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps your Windows system is not set to autoplay memory cards with Bridge 2023. Check this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/how-to-get-photo-douwnloader-to-open-automatically...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - worked fine on 2022, but not on 2023. Using a Nikon D7200 if that helps. Oddly it does still auto connect from my trail cam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The mentioned issue is fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine on one machine, will test the other today.
Problem solved, Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

It worked in Bridge 2023 but I now have the same problem in Bridge 2024.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines