• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple Magic Mouse Scroll Sensitivity

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Using Adobe Bridge CC 2018  and the Apple Magic Mouse 2  with Sierra 10.12.6  and a MacBook Pro Mid 2014,  the Scrolling Speed is too sensitive.  I am referring to the vertical scrolling sensitivity when scrolling up and down through the Bridge Picture display using a finger on the mouse to move up and down.  This cannot be adjusted with the Mouse Options or Accessibility Mouse & Trackpad options using Mac System Preferences.

This is an Apple/Adobe compatibility problem.   Has Apple and Adobe developed an option to correct this problem?

As you probably are aware by now the Apple Platform has again become Adobe's professional user communities platform of choice as it was in the beginning.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue on a Macbook. In Bridge, Lightroom and Photoshop, the vertical scroll is far too sensitive. The slightest touch of scrolling makes enormous incremental jumps that are quite jarring and off-putting. I've used these apps in trial mode but ultimately ended up buying a competing photo editing product that I use as my go-to quick photo editor. It's less feature-packed than Adobe programs, but I don't have the headache of Cloud-based confusion/nonsense, and more importantly the experience of using the program feels just like the experience of using my macOS - whereas my trials of Adobe's current products feel like a janky port from some other OS onto macOS, *especially* when it comes to scrolling (a very common part of my user experience with my OS as well as all the apps I run on it).
If there's some way to alter the sensitivity of the scrolling in Adobe products, I may attempt to try them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Practically speaking it is impossible to use MagicMouse in Adobe Lightroom because of the jerky scrolling, in which direction ever. Two weeks ago, I have replaced Apple Mouse by a no-name  $ 7.00 USB mouse on my MacBook-Pro 2019. What a relieve !! Yes, anticipating the jerky scrolling I was most of the time in a nervous high Adrenaline mode working on my 70k+ photos. Now, the disciplined behavior of the USB mouse by far compensates the down side: one more wire to MacBook. 

By the way: The same jerky scrolling behavior can be experienced in spreadsheet-scrolling, Excel or LibreOffice the same.

As I understood, from studying this issue in another forum, the problem is a basic non-compatibilty issue between how MagicMouse handles scrolling and Adobe expects scrolling messages from the mouse. As usual for this type of issue, having two parties involved, both for years on the winners' side: No side seems to feel responsibility to resolve this well known misbehavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  It's hard to believe that only three (now four) people are experiencing the jerky mouse in Lightroom. Has any of you found a solution yet?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... solution: As I said the $ 7.00 USB mouse works perfectly. I must say that I am not missing the Apple native mouse whatsoever. - Ludwig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines