• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch rename DNG and JPG pairs in Bridge

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to clean up some old projects with.jpg's created from .dng. Want to batch rename the pairs but it creates sequential file numbers. As an example if there are 2 images 1.dng 1.jpg   2.dng 2.jpg and I want to rename them Snow1.dng  Snow1.jpg   Snow2.dng  Snow2.jpg  the renaming will be  Snow1.dng  Snow2.jpg  Snow3.dng  Snow4.jpg.

It works fine with pairs of RAW and JPG files but not DNG and JPG. Appreciate any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Strange, my results are very different... In CC2018 on the Mac, CR2 & JPEG file pairs only, the CR2 files preview with the filename change, however the JPEG files don't preview. However, all files are correctly renamed, despite only half of them appearing in the preview!

If I then make a white lie and rename the CR2 files to DNG and then batch both DNG and JPEG, then all files preview and all files are renamed correctly.

Go figure!

So, what version and platform are you. Work on some copies and see

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, my results are very different... In CC2018 on the Mac, CR2 & JPEG file pairs only, the CR2 files preview with the filename change, however the JPEG files don't preview. However, all files are correctly renamed, despite only half of them appearing in the preview!

If I then make a white lie and rename the CR2 files to DNG and then batch both DNG and JPEG, then all files preview and all files are renamed correctly.

Go figure!

So, what version and platform are you. Work on some copies and see if renaming the DNG files to a raw format helps, then rename back to DNG to restore things to normal.

I don't even want to talk about the train-wreck that is CC2019, it dropped the ball, renaming only 3 of 4 images (2 x 2 pairs) and screwed up the filenames. If you are using any version of CC2019 (v9), then I would be very careful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was brilliant, fixed the issue. 1. Changed to CR2  2. Batch rename  3. All paired files renamed sequentially.

Thanks for the help and the heads up on v9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that worked for you, just don't forget to rename the files back again to the correct .dng extension from your "white lie" extension!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will do, thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines