• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch rename in Adobe Bridge

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I've been using Bridge ever since I took photography seriously. And just recently when renaming a batch I loose all the edits I've done with Camera Raw. I checked all the settings and everything seems to be the same I had them before. Luckily I back up periodically and I was able to recover days worth of editing. But have been trying to rename different ways and the result is the same, I loose all the edits, all files go back to original as if I didn't work on them at all. Anyone is having the same problem? I am in the CC program so the apps are up to date. Maybe from now on, I will be renaming the files first, so that I don't have this problem again but my latest project needs to be renamed and I am unsure how to get around the problem at hand...?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

This is not normal/expected behaviour. I'd try resetting Bridge's preferences and see if that makes a difference (it often does, except for when it doesn't). You could also try installing a previous version.

Generally, the XMP sidecar files are hidden, and one only has the image files explicitly selected for the batch rename – however Bridge is smart enough to rename matching sidecar files as well as the image files, even if they are not selected.

I could not reproduce this issue.

I tried showing h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are using XMP sidecar files to hold the Camera Raw Settings and Bridge is not renaming the sidecar to match, just the original raw file is being renamed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen_A_Marsh, thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. I checked the Camera Raw Preferences and under General: the 'save image settings' option "sidecar 'amp' files" is selected as opposed to Camera Raw Database. Under File Handling: the "ignore the sidecar 'amp' files isn't clicked. And finally under Performance: The 'Use Graphics Processor' is selected. What other setting am I missing that it could be causing my problem? Thanks again for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not normal/expected behaviour. I'd try resetting Bridge's preferences and see if that makes a difference (it often does, except for when it doesn't). You could also try installing a previous version.

Generally, the XMP sidecar files are hidden, and one only has the image files explicitly selected for the batch rename – however Bridge is smart enough to rename matching sidecar files as well as the image files, even if they are not selected.

I could not reproduce this issue.

I tried showing hidden files so that the XMP sidecar files were visible, and then only selecting the raw image files for renaming, however the sidecar files were also renamed. So visibility or selection of the sidecar files does not appear to be a factor here.

EDIT: So, can you show hidden files and verify that the sidecar XMP filename is different to the renamed raw filename?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stephen,

Thank you again for your help. I did uninstalled and reset all preferences to default and that solved the problem. I am not sure what setting was changed at some point but everything is working the way is has been since starting using the program.

Your are the best,

Angel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines