Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Rename Won't Work

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Adobe Bridge CC 2015 version 6.3.1.186 and I am trying to do a batch rename on a lot of photos (all are JPGs). It was working, then when I opened a new folder of photos, it stopped renaming them. Once I click rename, nothing happens to the original filename. I tried to purge the cache, force quit and restart my computer, but nothing has happened.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also reset the prefs?

Troubleshooting steps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I reset the preferences, purged the cache, restarted my computer, and nothing is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload a screen capture of the Batch Rename window with the various options that are not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original filename is the one that won't be changed. When I click on rename, the folder reloads, but the original filename is still in place, not the new one.

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 5.44.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi meganm,

Could you please try updating to Bridge CC 2017 and let us know if it helps?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem and have tried the recommendations here and on other threads but nothing is working. Any ideas? I desparately need these files renamed. Do I have to download off camera again to do that? surely not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are renaming files on a local drive, yes? Surely not trying to rename on the camera card!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, on a drive, on a usb stick. But the images still are on the card in this case, so I could download them again and name them at that point. That doesn't help with re-naming other existing images. One thing we commonly do is time sync our cameras then combine all the images in one folder, sort by time and reame. Used to be so simple, then batch rename simply stopped working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines