• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Renaming Problems

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am consistently experiencing 4 major issues while Batch Renaming image files in Bridge 2021 (Version 11.0.1 109) on a 2TB external hard drive (with 500 GB of space remaining):

(a) Inside a folder I’m working on, not all the selected image files get renamed; a few random images retain the old name . . which I then have to reselect and run “Batch Rename” again,

(b) A few random images shot with the same camera inside the same folder are renamed correctly, but the previews disappear, for some reason they are replaced with a generic “ON1 Photo 10” icon, and I can’t open them with Bridge / Photoshop / Lightroom,

(c) “Batch renaming” seems to make my MacBook Pro overheat quickly and get hung up somewhere in the renaming process (but the spinning pinwheel of death doesn’t appear), and I can’t do anything else, including quit Bridge (I have to routinely Force Quit).

(d) While Batch Renaming, sometimes Bridge simply quits by itself without any warning.

macOS Catalina
Version 10.15.7

MacBook Pro (15 inch, 2018)
Processor 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphics Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB / Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two suggestions:

* Try copying the files to your local drive and rename there, rather than the external drive, do you still have the same issues?

* Post over at the user voice forum, Adobe don't pay as much attention to this user forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/bridge/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40877

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines