• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Renaming PSD Files Speed Issue

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have previously used TIFFS in Bridge for batch renaming images and have not had an issue with previewing images in my content folder and the speed of batch renaming. We have recently switched to PSD files and batch renaming has become a nightmare and takes now a usual speed of 10 minutes to batch rename 8-10 photos. Given I need to rename thousands of images, this is a significant issue I cant seem to resolve. I have the most updated version of Adobe as well. Does anyone know how to resolve this speed issue? 

TOPICS
Batch , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the cache and thumbnails been built for these files already? Are they on an internal drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats unusual.

I just batch renamed 20 psd files and had Bridge copy them to a new folder. Took 35 seconds.

And there was 8 files that were 200-350 mb psd files in there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, other users reported that removing the links to remote drives they VPN into helped tremendously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines