Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 10.1.x (honestly 10.x et al) continues to freeze up on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community,

I've tried reinstalling (even windows) and it's still the same poor performance.

I edit photos on my gaming rig.  It doesn't matter if I'm editing on my SSDs or a 7200 RPM Spinning drive, but everytime Bridge is creating previews, videos stop playing, music and audio cuts out, and the system interface is sluggish.  All I can do is wait or be forced to load everything into Lightroom Classic and deal with that similarly slow user experience.

I'm running Windows 10 64-Bit, with multiple Samsung 840 Pro 2TB SSDs and Western Digital Black 8TB internal drives.  Adobe Photoshop, LR Classic, and Bridge are installed on SSDs, and the Fujifilm X-Pro 2 RAF files live on another SSD, also cache is on yet another SSD.  I have 32-GB of RAM and an i7-7700K CPU.

I never had these issues w/ the previous version of Bridge, and it happened day one when I went to Version 10.

And yes, this issue persists on multiple systems like my HP Elitebook 840 G4 with 16GB RAM and an i5-7300U

Is the general guidance to move backward to Version 9? 

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Crash or freeze , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Bridge on both your Windows machines. Do you experience the same behavior on both?

You can try the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html#main_Troubleshooting_steps

Please let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines