• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 11.1.1 on Apple M1 Silicon processor with Monterey is excruciatingly slow.

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just got a lovely new shiny Macbook Pro with M1 chip and have opened Bridge for the first time to organise a large amount of files. I'm running Monterey Public Beta but don't imagine that should make such a difference to slow things down to the extent that they are. My drive is pretty much empty, with just about a thousand jpegs in a folder that need reorienting, rejecting and renaming—should be pretty simple.

Bridge is excruciatingly slow though. It takes ages to load the preview for all the images when I open that folder, and when I reject or reorient an image, it takes about 5 seconds for it to take effect and for it to load a new preview. The delay for loading is just a little too long for it to be workable. Should it really be this slow for just organising a few jpegs?

The macbook is a fresh install, just downloaded all the adobe apps and haven't meddled in any settings. Is this just the Rosetta translation slowing things down or is something else up? Any tips to speed this up would be very appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Hi, I suggest to try installing the latest public beta version of Bridge that offer native Apple silicon support, it should work better than Rosetta emulation.

More info: https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/an-update-for-the-adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available/td-p/13251390

EDIT: Bridge 2023 offers native M1 support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I' running ACR 15.  It is fast in every respect except the photo downloader.  It is so excurciatingly slow I download to my Mac Book Air, transfer images to external drive and the import from the drive.  Get Photos From Camera is useless at this slow speeed.  Any suggestios?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use the Photo Downloader. Use a card reader and copy files over in the Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Excellent suggestion, thank you. I tried it and it was lightning fast!
Happy holidays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I suggest to try installing the latest public beta version of Bridge that offer native Apple silicon support, it should work better than Rosetta emulation.

More info: https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/an-update-for-the-adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-availab...

EDIT: Bridge 2023 offers native M1 support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines