• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 12.0.1 Crashing on Startup

New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, everyone. The title pretty much sums it up.

Before updating to 12.0.1, Bridge would only crash when I pressed 'Spacebar' to view an image in fullscreen. I thought updating it would solve the problem but it continued to do it. I uninstalled Bridge and removed my preferences, but now it crashes when I open it. I don't even get a software crash pop-up on the next startup, and it closes so quickly, I can't purge the cache or anything like that.

Running Windows 10, 64-bit, 8 GB RAM. Thank you in advance for your help.

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble due to Bridge crashing on launch. Please ensure you have the latest version or Bridge (12.0.2) installed on the computer through the Creative Cloud desktop app. Does the app crash if you try to run it as administrator? To check, you can right click on the application icon & select the option to Run as administrator.

You can also check out the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Nikunj,

Thank you for responding. Yes, I have the latest version (12.0.2) that I installed through the Creative Cloud Desktop applicaiton. It said I had both 12.0.1 and 12.0.2 installed as separate programs. I noticed this after starting this thread, so I uninstalled them both (also removing preferences) and redownloaded Bridge straight from Creative Cloud Desktop. After it installed, it said I just had one version installed, so I restarted my computer and tried opening Bridge (v. 12.0.2) and it continued to crash on startup.

However, today it is back to crashing upon pressing 'Spacebar' to engage fullscreen view. Same thing happens when I run the program as administrator. I have also tried forcing Bridge to close using Task Manager, with both the 'End Process' and 'End Process Tree' options, but still run into the same issue.

I started going through the troubleshooting steps outlined in the link you shared and got to Step 5: Start Adobe Bridge with the Folders panel disabled. I primarily use the Metadata workspace, so I tried switching to the Essential workspace to disable the Folders panel, but Bridge crashed when I did that. I reopened Bridge and it crashes on every workspace I try to switch to.

Is there something else I can try? Thank you again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, for me the solution was to downgrade to Bridge 12.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jase24621724e4qa ,
Can you share Bridge logs from you machine where you are facing crash?

Steps

1. Press key: win + R
    2. Run Command “regedit”
    3. Goto Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Bridge 2021\Preferences
    4. Add new Key “LogLevel” (type DWORD (32-bit) value = 0)
    5. Launch Bridge and run the operations you are performing.
    6. Share the log file (BridgeLog.log) from the location %appdata%\Roaming\Adobe\Bridge 2022
    7. Also, mention the folder name where you are performing the operation.

Regards,
      Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Vijay,

I have attached the LOG file. I was trying to view a JPG in my music library on an external drive (N:\OneDrive\Music\tobyMac\Life After Death).

Let me know if you need anything else from me. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been dealing with Adobe Bridge immediately crashing as soon as I open it, and I was using the newest version (13.0.2). I am also using Windows 10. 

This is the solution that worked for me! 

After checking out my Event Viewer I discovered that regardless of which version of Bridge I downloaded, I kept getting the following message: 
Faulting module name: AdobeXMPFiles.dll, version: 7.1.1.49485

After digging into the folders for the Adobe programs I discovered that the AdobeXMPFiles.dll file in the Bridge folder was version 7.1.1.49485, regardless of which version of Bridge I downloaded. When I took a peek at the AdobeXMPFiles.dll file in my Photoshop folder, I discovered it was version 9.0.0.52163. So I copied that AdobeXMPFiles.dll file into the Bridge folder, and removed the original AdobeXMPFiles.dll file from the Bridge folder, and it completely solved the problem.

I wasn't expecting it to work, but Bridge now stays open just fine, and I no longer get that error message in my Event Viewer. I honestly couldn't believe the solution was so simple. 

I have no idea why Adobe is installing an earlier version of AdobeXMPFiles.dll into the Bridge folder when I install the program, no matter which version I install, but copying a later version of that file and plopping into the Bridge folder completely took care of the problem. I hope this works for you because this was driving me mad all night!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines