• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 13.01 Full Screen Preview (Still) Flickering

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select any image (jpg, nef, tiff) > View > Full screen preview > right arrow key for next image. The previewed image flickers in size once or twice before displaying properly. On changing slowly to view the next image, the image does the same thing. On changing quickly, or very quickly, through the next 3-5 images, then stopping to view an image, the viewed image does not display properly; its brightness flickers. It is frustrating that this so-called bug fix (v13.01) did not address this widespread problem reported earlier by many.

v13.01 did fix the problem of portrait thumbnails not resizing to fit into the image space in thumbnail view + grid. Thank you Adobe.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2 (22621.819);  GeForce RTX 2060 - Studio Driver 526.98 (11/16/22)

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 12/9/2022

A new GeForce Studio Driver v527.56 fixed these problems. I also noted that the multiple image selection problem that was apparent on exiting full screen peview was also fixed by this driver update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I use Mac and I don't quite understand your post and what should I do to solve this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't use Macs, but a search turned up these.

If you have a third party video card in your computer ... https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5288383

If your machine doesn't have a third party video card ... https://help.sketchup.com/en/sketchup/how-can-i-update-my-computers-graphics-driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sjp-picker With all due respect, your suggestion will not help @ColeccionistasMomentos Your suggestions are completely focused on the PC user.

We thank you for your interest and hopefully, this will help a PC user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gary_sc

With all due respect, both Windows and Mac platforms have GPUs and operating systems with video drivers in between. In Windows platforms, the GPU manufacturer provides the drivers. In Macs, it is usually Apple that provides the drivers as a component of the operating system, unless the machine is equipped with a third party video card. While I accept your criticism that I am focused on Windows platforms (because I am), a savvy Mac user may be able take advantage of a sloution that I find. In addition, the articles I suggested to ColeccionistasMomentos came from MAC help sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was absolutely no criticism of you being a PC user; it was a comment of fact. If you find criticism in my comment, I am sorry for you.

I fear you are far too sensitive for any further conversation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a  Geforce GTX 1050 ti adapter under Windows 10. Microsoft says the driver

is up-to-date, but I have the problem of the screen flickering when going from one image to another in full screen view. If I escape out of the blinking image and press the space bar, the image displays properly, without flickering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rmrubin

I'm not sure which driver you have; game or studio. In case you have the game driver, the studio driver for your card can be found here...   https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/193235/en-us/   and it may be worth a try, if you are willing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helped, thank you. How would know to install the studio driver? I think the game driver installs by default. (See reply to the report of the beta upgrade below.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi agan. Reading stuff on the Nvidia site and the release notes for the studio driver, I learned that this driver was adjusted specially for 'creator' programs, like graphics and video editors, OBS, etc. So, I tried it, it worked well and I use it constantly. If you install the Nvidia Geforce Experience program, its DRIVERS tab will help you easily keep current with updates and provides links to info about the driver. Its HOME tab finds your installed graphics programs and suggests optimized settings for each, to take advantage of the driver's capabilities. (No, I don't work for Nvidia or receive any perks from them.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.2.630). This update includes the fix for this issue. Also, this Beta release includes several bug fixes done in the 13.0.1 public release. For details, see Fixed issues.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on Update in the left sidebar of the Apps panel and Check for updates. Then click update for your beta app.

Let us know if this Beta release resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Shubham Verma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The beta upgrade did help, but not completely. The persistent flickering was no longer there, but the screen did flicker when switching from image to image in full preview. But this went away once I stalled the replaced NVIDIA game driver with the studio driver as sjp-picker suggested above. It also helped with 13.01, but worked best with the beta upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have now installed Bridge 13.0.2.366 and I have not seen the flicker problem.   I have only been using it for a couple of days but that is the best I've ever seen.   Hopefully they did find the root cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines