Most of these bugs were reported in Bridge 13.0 and apparently fixed in 13.01 & 13.02.
However having just tested v13.02 properly for the first time in production, editing a large conference job with over 3000 images I've found that many of the bugs still remain.
I'm not sure how to replicate the bugs, but in the process of fullscreen labeling of files, Camera Raw processing etc; I had the following issues.
A very simplified version of my workflow:
1. Sort files by date.
2. Fullscreen browsing through all images to Label selections.
3. Process groups of Labeled selection images in ACR, then labeling those images (Approved) within ACR.
Most of these issues occur after steps 2 & 3.
- During Fullscreen preview, Labels do not always show unless you scroll forwards or backwards.
- After exiting ACR, multiple images become selected, despite only clicking on 1 image, and cannot unselect the images.
- While using the arrow keys to go through the images in the content tab, it would become stuck, and I couldn't progress through the images (required restart).
- Double thumbnail/files showing in the content tab, requires user to refresh the tab (F5).
- Page up/Page Down no longer working (This bug is present at all times).
- Bridge becoming unresponsive for short periods (10sec)
Bridge 13.02 still has many of the bugs reported by many in the original release of version 13.
This is the fourth time in the last three months that I've had to revert to Bridge 12.04 for production work.
This is also a fresh install of Bridge 13.02 as its a new system build.
Windows 11 Pro
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
RAM: 32 GB
Copy link to clipboard
I have very similar experiences with 18.104.22.1686 where it will go "Not Responding" after a number of operations in the application e.g. fullscreen preview+number key rating, even just getting the exact version number to add this comment caused it to hang (Not Responding/white-overly--see attached screenshot). It does not come back after trying to wait it out for over 5 minutes. I exited the application by using the upper-right red-x which then uploads a report to MSFT. I have uploaded several crash reports. I have created a DMP file from Task Manager. If someone from Adobe would like to use it to investigate the issue (dmp of the Bridge process only, did not generate one for dynamiclinkmediaserver(s), send an email to make arrangements.
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor 3.89 GHz
GFX: Radeon RX5700XT
Installed: RAM 32.0 GB
Edition: Windows 11 Pro
OS build: 22621.1194
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack: 1000.22638.1000.0
I am seriously struggling to get work done today - for me Bridge nearly messed up a job by duplicating thumbnails, miscounting images, being very slow (51seconds to delete 180 jpegs!) (22.214.171.1246 on Windows 10)
When it duplicated a bunch of thumbnails I assumed a small error, then it proceeded to export them (so I had some images in triplicate) whilst ignoring some other images.
(Have tried clearing prefs/cache - all the usual (almost daily) rituals when working with Adobe.)