• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 13 Zoom problem

Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Control + Scroll Wheel doesn't work for zooming in version 13.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what Panel are you expecting this to happen?

Bridge has never had "zooming" into a photo. It has a Loupe feature in the Preview Panel. The Preview Panel will show up to 100% of any image, but no larger than will fit into the current size of the Panel and never any more than 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the content panel, Control + Scroll wheel = zoom, in every version prior to version 13.  I've just reinstalled version 12 and it works.  Another thing that is immediately broken in version 13 is when you press Control F for Search.  In all previous versions, it would place the cursor in the criteria field so you immediately type a new search.  In version 13 it places the focus on the new giant blue button to OK the search.  So if you're going to type a new criteria, you have to either use the mouse, or tab 4 or 5 times to place the cursor in the criteria field.  For me, Bridge is really just a glorified image finder/viewer but the whole point of it is speed.  I don't really use any of its many other features so I've reverted back to version 12.

Another thing about version 13 is the color contrast is terrible now.  Adobe managed to get Photoshop and Illustrator, etc very nice. Soft on the eyes.  Bridge is stark contrast.  I have a problem with my eyes so that I can't view white text on dark background very well.  I'm told that many people have the same issue.  I don't know why Adobe changed this but I hope that they don't do the same with Photoshop and Illustrator.  I don't need Bridge.  I can probably do just fine with Windows Explorer, I just don't like having to resize the windows. I need a tall narrow windows for all of my work, but for file searches, I need a large wide window so I can view images and files at a large size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, zooming in the Content Panel. Yes, this needs to be fixed.

I COMPLETELY agree with you about white text on black background: Fortunately, this can be fixed by going into the Preferences, selecting the Interface Option, and selecting the lightest option. No idea why they didn't have the four options they had before and now it's down to three. But the white does give you what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could survive with a white UI, but what I really want is for it to look exactly like it did in version 12, as far as contrast goes.  Like Photoshop and Illustrator.  Dark UI, but not such stark contrast.  In the meantime, I'm back to version 12.  When that is no longer supported, I'll go back to using Windows Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another thing that is immediately broken in version 13 is when you press Control F for Search.  In all previous versions, it would place the cursor in the criteria field so you immediately type a new search.  In version 13 it places the focus on the new giant blue button to OK the search.  So if you're going to type a new criteria, you have to either use the mouse, or tab 4 or 5 times to place the cursor in the criteria field. 

By @Kuttyjoe

Hello I know this thread is old but I would like to reiterate the problem with CTRL-F search. Kuttyjoe described it perfectly. Why does the cursor focus on the OK button when you open search, it should focus on the criteria as it has in all previous versions! I too have reverted back to version 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kuttyjoe ,

Thank you for reporting the issue to us. We’ve added this to our engineering issue pipeline.

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The mentioned issue is fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is really messed up.  I've just spent about 10 minutes just testing and at first it appears that it is really inconsistent.  It works, then it doesn't, then it stops working mid scroll and back again.  But I realized something. The problem is that the performance has become extremely poor.  So if I control + scroll, up and down, it may work for a few seconds, but then it stops working. I stop scrolling and the window keeps moving up and down for quite awhile. When the window stops moving, it "may" work. But if I don't stop and wait for Bridge to catch up, it won't work.  I get about 3 seconds of continuous zooming before it stops zooming and is actually just scrolling. I stop rolling the wheel and wait.  The window keeps scrolling up and down as it apparently catches up to my 3 seconds of rolling the wheel. After it stops, I try again and it works again for a few seconds.

What I found here right now while typing this is that I can "break" it every time by Zoom, then immediately scroll by releasing the control button, then immediately zooming again and the 2nd attempt at zooming will not work.  This is 100% of the time.  Bridge 2022 works fine and is almost perfectly responsive.  I go straight from zoom to scroll and back with no problem.  Bridge 2023 is really bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines