• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2018 freeze

Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me? Bridge 2018 freezes before I even finishing arranging the workspace. Did it multiple times. Unusable. 2015 MacBook Pro, Sierra. Bridge 2017 runs fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Hi All,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge (CC 2019) on 15 October 2018. The new version build number is 9.0.0.204. This version is available to install via Adobe Creative Cloud application.

Please check the following link to know about all new features in Adobe Bridge CC 2019 - https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/whats-new.html

You may need to update the Creative Cloud application and restart your computer to see the updated installer.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Also where have the photo merge. Load into photoshop layers etc tools gone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photomerge does not work in Ps 2018.  The program freezes and I have to end task on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Command+Option+Shift until the Reset Settings dialog box appears. Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Also in Bridge Preferences check the option "Prefer thumbnail generation over preview generation".

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gautam,

I followed your instructions and Bridge 2018 still freezes. I got a little bit farther but it froze as soon as I navigated to a new folder. It never displayed the contents. Bridge 2017 still works (largely) fine with no problems. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we get Bridge 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kawaki,

If you deleted it when updating you can reinstall by selecting it from "other versions" in the install drop down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanxx for the downgrade tip!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gautam,

No use. When I reopen Bridge 2018 and try to jump to a new folder, it doesn't shows the content and...freezes.

Solution: Force Quit and use Bridge CC2017.

Rui A.

MAC OS High Sierra. iMac 32 GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I load the previous version of Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you deleted it when updating you can reinstall by selecting it from "other versions" in the install drop down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the "Intall Drop Down Menu" found.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Creative Cloud application. Find Bridge CC. Click the arrow to the right of the Open button. Select Other Versions. Select Bridge 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:   I just tried using Bridge 2018 on my wife's iMac which has Apple Sierra installed.  It did freeze up.  I uninstalled Bridge 2018 and reinstalled 2017 on her machine and all is well.  So the problem is not with Apple.  The problem remains with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took the advice to reinstall Bridge 2017 and it works fine. Hopefully Adobe will fix the problem with Bridge 2018 soon.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had nothing but issues with this program since upgrading. No video thumbnails. Constant freezing up. I PAY YOU FOR A WORKABLE PRODUCT. THIS IS NOT WORKING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all I'm seeing when I do that.

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 9.49.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download an installer here.

Download Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 10.47.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 10.47.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem.  A frozen Bridge..  given the comments of everyone here I haven't bothered to try with the Adobe fix.. I've gone straight back to CC17 version.  Please Adobe, we're subscribers.. we already pay once for your products.. .. don't make us pay twice (money + wasted time).. just can't afford to do that!!  Deadlines y'know..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here and I've been watching this thread.

So yesterday, InDesign asked if how likely I was to refer it to a friend. I answered "not at all" and inserted a comment about Bridge 2018 freezing and Adobe not doing anything about it. MAYBE the low score will get them to actually read the comment.

Maybe we should all do this to any CC 2018 form that pops up asking about our willingness to refer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

We have released an a fix for the freeze issue in Adobe Bridge 8.0.1.282 build .This update is available for download from Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Request you to install the update and let us know if it solves the problem.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be fine now - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here too, it looks very good. Although this is only a brief impression, but the error seems resolved. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines