• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2019 does not show MP4 thumbnails - Windows 10

Participant ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have updated Bridge to the 2019 version I cannot see anymore thumbnails for .MP4 video files when searching in my folders. I can only see thumbnails for .MOV files.

Bridge CC allowed to see both. I am sure there must be a setting that I miss that should allow me to see both. Especially that I can see all these thumbnails in explorer for example.

I would much appreciate some help.

I currently run my computer under Windows 10 64bits.

Motherboard : Gigabyte X399 AORUS Gaming 7

Processor : AMD Ryzen 1950x (16 coeurs / 32 Threads) 3.5GH

Ram : 64 Go

Graphic Cards 2x ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080TI 11G

Thanks in advance

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Hi there,

That does not sound good, let's make it right.

As Bridge is not displaying the thumbnails for MP4 files, could you please select one thumbnail and right click on it then choose 'purge cache for selection'?

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound good, let's make it right.

As Bridge is not displaying the thumbnails for MP4 files, could you please select one thumbnail and right click on it then choose 'purge cache for selection'?

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I did as you suggested and it worked.   Thank a million!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and tried the above and it has not worked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this issue... I've tried the above steps, as well as turning on Sotware Rendering.

I am using the latest release of Bridge (2020) running on a 2013 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro - macOS Mojave (10.14.6)

This is very frustrating as it has me looking to other software for something that should work as part of my Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on a win 10 machine and latest version of bridge. Some files dont show up as thumbnails and a purge cache can fix that while others cannot show up thumbnails like my H265 MP4 files. 

Somehow I think that Adobe bridge is not thought to handle well video files. Dissapointed at that and has forced me to look into another solution for my video management. Maybe one day adobe bridge will be more prepared for video but right  now I see it more as a photo solution which it does very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Really surprising that Adobe does not make Bridge a more well rounded solution.
One alternative I found was a program called Kyno.
It does pretty much everything I wish Bridge did… and I believe there is a Windows version available.
Since posting this topic I have actually cancelled my Adobe subscription. I simply was not benefiting from enough of the apps to warrant it.
I hope you find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU for pointing me to Kyno: https://lesspain.software/kyno/

Adobe Bridge is basically unusable for me because of all its issues - and Kyno is everything I need and more. It even does RED and BlackMagic raw! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines