• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2019 Filters Not Updating and Driving me CRAZY

Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine I have a big folder of 15,000 pictures.

In Bridge, I'll go into that folder and it'll start generating thumbnails. It'll also start building the filter list. I'll look at the "Model" filter and initially see 15,000 entries in "No Model".

As it starts to generate thumbnails and think harder, the "No Model" number will go down, and something like "iPhone 8" will increase to 3500 and then stop. The fans on my laptop will whir down and Bridge just sits there not thinking.

I'll check the iPhone 8 filter, see 3500 pictures, and immediately know that I should have more than 3500 iPhone 8 photos. So I go back to the No Model filter, and Bridge starts thinking harder again and takes away another 1000 photos and adds them to iPhone 8.

What's aggravating and driving me crazy is that it'll just stop again this point. It won't keep looking at all those leftover 12,000+ "No Model" photos and keep putting them into the proper Model categories.

It's only when I scrub up and down in the huge list of remaining "No Model" Thumbnails that it starts thinking again and re-categorizing No Model to iPhone 8. It's driving me nuts. I just can't walk away and expect it to categorize my photos in a couple of hours. I have to physically scrub up and down the list for Bridge to start to think and add them to the filters propery. It's like I have to keep tapping the rear of a donkey to keep it moving.

Also, doesn't matter if I use "Model" or "Exposure Time" or "Aspect Ratio" or anything like that. They all behave the same. Bridge will think hard and properly categorize pictures into the filter catergories for about 10 minutes and then just give up. My fans will whir down, and Bridge only starts thinking about adding images to the proper filter categories if I start scrolling through the big list of uncategoriezed thumbnails again.

What's the fix or what am I missing?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge has a tough time handling that many images in a folder. You should try moving some of them out and working with smaller folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens even with 5000 pictures. "iPhone 8" will stall at say 450 pictures and only will start incrementing after again, I go and select "No Model" and scroll through the list.

What's even dumber is that if I set the "thumbnail size" to the absolute smallest setting, where each thumbnail is some 16 x 16 pixel icon, and then I make my Bridge window as big as my 4k screen, and thus fitting 1000+ images in the Bridge window at once, it'll grind through all those images properly and sort them.

That tells me what's basically happening is that initially, Bridge processes a bunch of images in a folder, then stops processing them, and only starts processing them once their thumbnails are visible in the active window. That's pretty dumb, it shoudl just process them until it's done regardless if I have the thumbnails visible or not.

If Adobe's premiere image organization app can't handle 5000 pictures, then that's a huge disappointment. I figure Bridge should be able to easily handle 200,000 pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe sent me an email asking if my question was answered, so I'm posting this message to say that nope, it certainly has not been answered yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines