• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2019 interface

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing to voice my extreme displeasure on the changes to the Bridge 2019 interface.  I really liked being able to control the tone of the thumbnail section and the panel section separately in earlier version of Bridge.  I also dislike the placement of a dark border around the thumbnail. Stop trying to make bridge look like Lightroom which I also hate because of its black only interface.

Please go back to the old style or at least give us a legacy checkbox.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No no no, that would be annoying. I'm a shortcut guy myself but if I'm adding ratings, I still don't type the 1-5, I click the star I want.

What I/we are saying here is Star Ratings should be in the preferences under Thumbnails and should be one of 4 options.

Currently the default there is Date, Dimensions , Keywords and Size.

Try turning them ALL on and you will understand what the problem is. The space below each thumbnail gets taller and taller.

You'll notice that a space for Keywords has nothing in it. unless you happened to put some for that file.

Now if Star ratings were an option here, we could all agree that you would have your option to always see it, and we would have the option to turn it off so as to not waste space. If we want it, Right click, sort by rating... no keyboard shortcut required.

Put it this way. If I told you the next update was going to add another metadata line (like the rating) but instead it was going to be for Keywords making the space under each thumbnail one line taller still, you be a little upset... why would you/I need that there. I might have a keyword on 1 file on my whole hard drive. But for people who like to ad keywords this might be nice.

Star ratings are great. don't get me wrong. 99% of my folders are not photoshoots. They are .psd, .ai, .pdf, word docs, Folders even. who rates folders?

For me, when I want to see as many images as I can, metadata is in the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If YOU like and use stars, great mate, more power to you. I don't, i deal with photoshoots with hundreds and hundreds of photos, we go through do a "select" and then move those files to a folder. We do not use stars , ever, period

The fact that I don't have a simple option in a the prefs to turn off 20% of the useless screen space taken up with EMPTY star ratings is the problem. Not stars, like i said nuttin against em, if you use them, fabbo for you. I don't they waste my screen space and thus time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It runs super slow with camera raw- and yes everything is up to date. I bought a new iMac b/c I couldn't upload the latest version and now I'm out $2000 and it still sucks and takes me 10x longer to do the simplest of tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really feels like the people responsible for designing the Bridge UI haven never actually used the program. The brain-dead, boneheaded decisions that have led to the wasted screen space everywhere, stupid colour schemes and overall slowness of the latest version are utterly beyond me. Photoshop, Bridge and Illustrator are in a death spiral of buggy tools, idiotic design decisions and performance issues.

I have been transitioning to Affinity Photo and Designer and using ACDSee Pro for asset management. It takes a bit of getting used to but it's not that hard to retrain muscle memory. Adobe have continually proven that they are incompetent and unable to improve the state of the Creative Suite in both performance and reliability. It's time to jump ship before our workflows are completely destroyed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. The tiny dot for labels is a step back, along with the other changes that rob space from the thumbnail areas. The bar of color that ran under/around the stars was easy to see, quick to reference. These dots are small, harder to discern at a glance. Put the bars back. I've rolled back to 2018 to keep that feature, because the new design is a terribly shortsighted change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully support. This is generally some kind of nightmare happened. Return to work with the stars and color marks, as was the case in Bridge CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree with you.

here is a comparison of my workflow to check the white background of images I work on in Bridge CC 2018, where I can set a white backdrop and Bridge CC 2019 where I cannot set a white backdrop, but just bright "Color Theme" (which is ridiculous, as this is a professional instrument for me)

@abhishek.seth please look at these screenshots

Abhishek.Seth

Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 12.53.51.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 12.55.04.png

In Bridge CC 2018 and previous I can set absolute white backdrop and if any image have not absolute white background I will see, but in Bridge CC 2019 it's not possible and it became non usable for me.

And what is the reason to have a grey outline on each thumbnail???? why do I need it? It only make worse user experience!!!!

Please ADOBE, correct this unprofessional feature of COLOR THEME back to slider, where I can set a white backdrop.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 55chevy,

Thanks for writing to us. We are reviewing all the feedback specific to UI changes done in CC 2019 and our designers are evaluating addressing some of the issues in the coming updates. We shall keep you posted and will also seek your feedback where needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Bridge almost exclusively with the Filmstrip workspace. With the new version, after adjusting the size of the filmstrip to a usable size, it takes up much more space than before, yet at the same time the thumbnails seem smaller and the file names get cut off.

Maybe it's the border or the permanent stars or the weird useless whitespace it below the images (why is that there?) but it really feels very clumsy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea think ????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As this is a user to user forum, if you wish to notify Adobe staff then please register and do so at this link:

Bridge | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Other Bridge users can vote on your suggestions etc. Adobe uses this forum to help gauge user interest, so if you wish to make a positive impact this is your best chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only just noticed the changes that were made to the Bridge interface and totally agree with the original post. Many photographers I know (including myself) use Bridge as a quick way to view a selection of JPEGs on a white backdrop. This is now impossible because of the grey border around the thumbnail. Please give us back the flexibility of the old Bridge interface, it was a fantastic feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreeeeed.  Wow I hate Bridge now.  I hope some of the concerns listed in this thread are addressed.  Because right now the program is just making me sad and I'm going out of my way not to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

We aware of the feedback on the latest UI update and we are working on improving this in future versions of Bridge.

If you are facing issues in using Bridge CC 2019, please refer to this article on how to install older versions of CC applications.

Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Regards,

Abhishek Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I have reinstalled Bridge 2018. Bridge 2019 is just awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Abhishek_Seth​

Can you also follow up on fixing the scrolling issues with a Magic Mouse too.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just attempted to revert back to Bridge 2018 and CC doesn't make that version avaialable - version 9.1 is the farthest I can go back. We've been arguing about this interface for a year now, and I can tell you for me personally, I'm not gonna just forget about it and get onboard. It seems that's what Adobe is hoping. They have promised to address this and have not done it. The interface is bad for my eyes, it slows me down, and I'm gonna be really unhappy if I'm forced to use it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new user interface is making my  eyes hurt. All those outlines around thumbnails are exhausting, please return the background to one color!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally I don't complain and say to myself 'just get over it' but this interface is driving me crazy.

Why the borders/padding around the thumbnails. I am a photographer and I don't want to have this frame around each picture, it is so cluttering and it serves no purpose! Please give us the possibility to uncheck a checkbox or something.

Even better would be to be able to check a checkbox that says discard all interface changes and go back to what it was before. It was a great interface, why change it. And - oh yes- the selection bars that are now off centered dots. What on earth where you thinking? I have to label hundreds of photographs and now I have such difficulty checking the labels. Please bring back the label bar PLEASE.

Hope Adobe folks are considering this for the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If not there will be a revolt.

Many people hate the changes.

They need to do something.

Heres hoping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been going crazy trying to find where to do a batch action from Bridge.  It used to be under Tools/Photoshop/Batch

I use this EVERY DAY... It can't have completely disappeared, can it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Photoshop and Bridge versions must match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. The 2019 interface is more cluttered and less visually efficient than prior versions. I would bet that the designers are not daily heavy users of the application. Please scrap it and return to 2018's design, without further delay if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not likely. They are switching all the apps to a new UI framework which has been modernized and the old one is d.e.a.d. I hope they fix some of the glaring structural problems but who knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going back to Bridge 2018. Way too much wasted space on this new interface. I do a lot of processing on a laptop and don't have the screen area to spare. New UI makes main preview too small and when I make thumbs smaller (I use filmstrip along bottom always) the extra space given to that tab means I can't see filename and full preview image once I have a reasonably sized main preview. And the color dots are useless. Bad move Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines