• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2019 very very slow

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling with the the latest version of Bridge CC2019 - 9.0.1.216. It is so very slow, just simply rotating an image is an unpleasant clunky slow process. I found Photoshop CC2019 unusable and have reinstalled and gone back to using CC2018 while things are sorted like the infuriating pop up window every time you go to the next image. I cleared the cache's in Bridge more than once. The thumbnails take time to load and more time for the resolution to arrive. I'm using a Mac Pro OS on Mojave 10.14.1 and really regretting downloading CC2019 and can not see a 2018 version of Bridge to reinstall - any ideas?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its caching of files slows down its overall ability to do anything else.

Stick with 2018 until they figure things out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jbm, do you face issues as well in 2019? What type of images in the folder? did you try to have bridge create the thumbs before, or sub-folders, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi simondo9,

We would like to know more about the problem that you are facing in Bridge CC 2019.

Are you facing performance issue in rotation while the cache generation is going on.Also are the files located on the server or the hard drive.

Also please let us know if you are facing performance in any other workflow.

In the mean while , here are the steps in the article to install CC 2018 version of Adobe Bridge

Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app 

Regards,

Abhishek Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge CC2019 was generally running slow and feeling pretty clunky. Fast reviewing of images both RAW & jpeg in slideshow are too slow to use and rotation was also delayed. Files are on an external hard drive (Lacie).

I am using a Mac Pro OS Mojave 

I have Reinstalled Bridge Version 8.1.0.383 and all my issues have now gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simondo9, how was it installed? did you have other versions installed, and not now, or other scripts.

Was it 8.1.0.383 that was slow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled Bridge 8.1.0.383 through Creative Cloud it was the new 9 that was to slow to use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

simondo9, were the problems only for files that are on an external disk? what kind of connectivity is used? Is it an external SSD? Are permissions ok with the disk? How is the external disk encoded (Fat32, ExFAT, etc.) Those are parameters that could help find what went wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new Windows machine with really high specs including three internal m2-harddrives and nvidia 2080Ti-graphics card. But Bridge is really slow, there is a 3-5 seconds delay when selecting a video-clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh good to hear I thought I was going crazy with how slow bridge was being. I guess I'll down grade to 2018, really hope this gets fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the latest version is unusable. I have more than sufficient specs on the imac and making any edits has 10 second delay, which didn't happen with the previous version. Needs a fix ASAP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck???  I am having the same trouble!  Grrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated today and it is nearly un-usable. 30 seconds to rate an image via a keyboard command? If this is the new normal then I'm never going to get any work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking it was a driver issue.  Updated that and my whole system crashed.  Ended up reinstalliung Windows 10 as we speak and pulled up PS20 in the fresh system and the problem is gone.  Alot of work for what it was but I definitely couldn't run with ACR working so sluggish.  I hope you have better luck than me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I was about to eat my words, as my ACR went slow again after a fresh install.  I was so frustrated!!  I read on another forum that Acronis will do it!  Genius as that was the common denominator for me!  

Stop the service "Acronis Active Protection service". I tried it and voila!  Problem solved, ACR runs smooth!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you said, 'problem solved'! I had the same problem with four machines and was thinking about a rebuild.

I wasn't allowed to shut off "Acronis Protective Service" directly, but with Bridge off and file explorer off, going to details allowed me to shut off ransomware protection. Also, at least on my setup, the protective services don't start uless you start Bridge first. One problem with ransomeware protection off is that Acronis then won't verify a backup!

aaaargh!!

thank you LT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issues and rolled back to 2018 version. All back to normal speeds with 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just getting rid of this iMac, I believe half the problem is that this machine just can't really do much of anything well. Like even copying a file. Wish I'd been born 50 years earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar trouble.  I'm re-naming files and using the Filters panel--if I want to see today's files I click the box and wait 10 seconds to see a checkmark.  None appears, so maybe I missed the box and click again.  Finally the check appears--and then dissappears.  So I click AGAIN and wait.  

Etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Acronis installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope--no Acronis.  I use Time Machine is all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's been keywording all day. Class action lawsuit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So here we are over a year later and Bridge is still useless. It runs very slowly and 4 out of 5 times refuses to open files on my hard drive that PS and LR have no problem with. 

I can't count how many times I have seen "not reponding" and sent a description of the circumstances. Where does that information go to, the garbage can?

What gives ADOBE? are you going to fix this program or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines