• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2020 cannot move files on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an intermittent issue.  When attempting to move some files to a different folder, I get an error message that says for example “Cannot move “C:\Users\mspir\Pictures\Resources\Surfaces and TextureX.jpg”. Sometimes it also says the files no longer exist.  But they do exist, right where they were, and they show up in the original folder in both Bridge and File Explorer.  I can move them using File Explorer but I can only move them with Bridge if I rename the file first.  I am using Bridge version 10.0.1.126 in Windows 10 64bit

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Bridge 2020.

Please ensure that all available Windows updates are installed on the computer. You can try resetting the preferences of Bridge using the steps mentioned in the link below to check if that helps.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/bridge/using/adobe-bridge-workspace.html#restore_preferences

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the permissions for the file.

R-click the file, select properties, select security and see who, what can access the file.

Does this happen just on this file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the ideas.  Windows is up to date.  Resetting preferences didn't help.  I do have full permissions.  The problem occured with an entire folder of files.  The message most recently was that the files couldn't be moved because they no longer exist, even though they do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they on a external drive or NAS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No they are on the internal drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens if you R-click the Bridge icon and select "run as administrator"?

My only other suggestion is to uninstall Bridge , run a registry cleaner, reboot and reinstall.

Something maybe buggered up in the registrty.

My other suggestion would be to move your files from the "user" directory to their own file structure.

Having worked with Microszoft and their OS for 20 years , I would always have intermitent issuses with file written to the root directory of ones computer. Permision issues and registry corruption always reared its ugly head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines