• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2020 custom export changes size, not DPI?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ttile, basically. I need to export for print and web. so a 300DPI file is not helpful for web and makes the size huge. Am I misisng something? It was so close to being perfect!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

I had the same problem as you, I checked the documentation (https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/export-panel.html) and here is the solution I came up with.

Right click on your export action, then "Edit". In the "Image size" section, choose "Resize to" instead of "Scale image", and make sure you put your desired "Resolution". Then choose again "Scale Image". You will see that the choosen resolution (greyed out) stays as you put it.  Save the export preset.

If you see that it still export with 300p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Grayskyz,

The web is resolution independant. When printing resolution is very dependant.

If your image is 600 pixels wide and 300 pixels dpi, it will print at 2 inches wide.

The exact same image will appear on the screen at 600 pixels wide. 

However, this is completely ignoring issues of hirez screens and 100% display issues that also have nothing to do with Resolution. 

Try it, you'll like it.

Let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grayskyz, did you ever get an answer? When I use Bridge to export a batch of 96 dpi PSDs to PNGs the Custom Export changes tht PNG to 300 DPI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem as you, I checked the documentation (https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/export-panel.html) and here is the solution I came up with.

Right click on your export action, then "Edit". In the "Image size" section, choose "Resize to" instead of "Scale image", and make sure you put your desired "Resolution". Then choose again "Scale Image". You will see that the choosen resolution (greyed out) stays as you put it.  Save the export preset.

If you see that it still export with 300ppi, just keep selected "Resize to", use "Fit" "Long edge" and put 20000pixels (it's the maximum size you can export with) for the "Dimension" field and make sure you thick "Don't enlarge". And save the export preset.

iuoyuiey.png.img.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines