• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2020 duplicates all imagery in a folder continuously

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to open a folder in bridge containing 400 images, JPG 4500x3000 72ppi, so not heavy at all.

For some reason the program is multiplying the thumbnails into hundreds of copies, of course making it impossible to use. It just keeps going, from 409 images to 47 000 while just writing this.

Luckily its not duplicating the files though, everything is left untouched in finder.

I am working from a server via ethernet cable and it has been working perfectly smooth with bridge CC until i updated it to 2020 just now. Version 10.0.2.131

Running on MacOS Mojave 10.14.3

Anyone else having this problem? (now it's up over 110 000 thumbnails)

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clearing the cache for taht folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe recommends not working off a server. There are lots of network issues that may pop up. I'd check with your network admins to see if there are any updates they need to make.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact issue. Working on an iMac, connected to a drive on my PC. Bridge on the PC works fine, but on the iMac, it flakes out and creates thousands of fake copies.  So if it's a known issue and not recommended to use Bridge over a network, what are some alternative software suggestions (OSX) that will actually work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, latest version of Bridge 10.1.1.166. This is ridiculous. With each version, Adobe creates more bugs.
iMac, Mohave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with Catalina, Bridge 10.1.1.166.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having same problem. What is the solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one solution, Whatever needs to edit that file copy to a local system. After will open in bridge and edit. After need to copy in the server again. Any other good solution please let us know. Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem but mine is my D drive. Just keeps multiplying till I have lots of D drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using cloud software? OneDrive, Google Drive, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Not running any cloud software. Has anyone found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with OS Ventura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem with OS Ventura and Bridge 2023. It is really annoying. Does anybody have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines