Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2020 Keyword Files Not Showing Up In Search - macOS Catalina 10.15.4

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have recently keyworded thousands of photos in Adobe Bridge 2020 on a Macbook Pro macOS Catilina 10.15.4.

When searching for a keyword in Bridge,  if I use "Advanced Search, All Metadata, Keyword" I can see that I am missing several files that are keyworded. I can manually look up files inside of folders and see that they are keyworded correctly. If I click around inside of different folders, sometimes other missing keyworded files appear with a re-search, but I can see I am still missing some. I am not getting a lot of consistency with my search results. 

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Keywords , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ricky,

Sorry to hear that keyword searching is not working as expected in Bridge, could you please have a look at this community thread and let us know if it helps? https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/unable-to-search-keywords-in-adobe-bridge-software-until-we-ac...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar isues. While following the advice of the other thread to show items from subfolders, or to force it to include non-indexed folders in a search, eventaully yields some results I'm finding I have to do this EVERY time and it takes forever to pop-up with results which often still seem inconsistent. It's like Bridge isn't actually caching? Ever user in our dept is having the issues and it seems worse now that we are all remote.

I have gone through and taken some steps to try to optimize things and speed it up: making sure the cache isn't being deleted after x days, allowing a large number of items/space, asking it to prefer embeded previews, and not generating 100% previews. This seemed like it helped some, but search results are still inconsistent and slow. Is there anything else I can do so I'm not having to force it to re-index thousands and thousands of items all the time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are these files located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My images are stored on external hard drives.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue!!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines