• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2020 not deleting Dropbox files and other issues

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac OS Catalina and since switching I've found that I'm not able to delete files out of my local Dropbox folder through bridge. I get an error message and then have to navigate through the finder.

Additionally I'm not able to see anything on my DS918 server on my Network. I can see it, it's showing up in my options to view. But once I click on it nothing pulls up. Again I have to navigate manually through my finder window. 

I had none of these issues on older versions of the program. However my tablet didn't work on older versions so I had to upgrade. It's very frustrating to say the least!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC still has a bunch of problems with catalina. Some apparently are permission related and some may be due to other issues like external drive formatting or network drives.
Additionally, Bridge has zero support for cloud services. You cannot use bridge to manage cloud files such as Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Dropbox exclusively in my local drive vs their online platform so Adobe no longer supporting Bridge properly navigating and managing this is definitely a big drawback! My transition to Catalina has been otherwise pretty uneventful, but no longer being able to use Bridge properly a huge pain as I've been relying on it for many many years! I never had this issue in previous versions hopefully they'll get it patched sooner than later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lumigraphics,

I've held back from Catalina so I do not know the answer here but since DropBox follows a designated folder on the computer, are you saying that Catalina prevents Bridge (or other applications) from doing any add/delete actions on the DB folder on the computer?

If so, wow!

Thanks for any input here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to move files to/from/within my designated Dropbox folder on my computer through bridge, but NOT delete. It gives me an error message every time. I have to manually go in through the finder window to delete them. Which is tedious and and not efficient for workflow as it's something I do daily for a myriad of clients. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elizabeth,

OK, two thoughts:

1) This sounds like it "should" be fixable (but I'm certainly no engineer). I'd report this to Adobe Bridge's Uservoice [Adobe Bridge Feedback] and let them know how this is impeding your workflow.

2) One workaround might be that since you can move files around in Bridge to create a "Tosser" folder and have that available al the time. Just drag the files you want to toss in this folder and then later, at your convenience, go into the Finder and "Toss the Tosser!"

Might this work (at least for the time being)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what I've been doing, which is slower, but a workaround at least. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not the issue. When you use a cloud service, that service controls the folder and does two-way sync. Bridge doesn't know about any of that, it can only see the local files. So trying to use Bridge to manage a cloud folder is a bad idea that could lead to data loss.

Dropbox is designed to work with the Finder/File Explorer or its own client, not Bridge. I do not recommend touching cloud folders with Bridge as it may break things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is strange, 

I just tried this on my Mojave machine and had no issue deleting files from Bridge from my DropBox folder. Worked like a champ.

It might be a different story with Catalina but DB, by itself, doesn't seem to be a stumbling block. Again, I suggest you go to UserVoice and make a bug report/Request.

Good luck,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Bridge not designed as a file viewing system that allows you to move/delete files? I've never come accross a limitation with that manner of functionality in the past. Ever. 

My frustration is that in all the years I've been using this system (bridge to navigate all files/folders including DB since the inception of both), I have been able to delete a file I want to delete from my DB folder (or any other) through Bridge without issue, the sync up to the cloud turned on or not. Now, I'm no longer able to do so. Which had I known would have been a factor in upgrading my system as well as Adobe versions. 

Data loss is not really an issue here as I'm not using this as an archival system, rather sharing what is on my desktop to a client who needs that copy of that information. And I often need to delete files to keep that information up to date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not use Bridge to do so. Dropbox will lock that folder when it is syncing, for example. Bridge is unaware of that. Use the Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never had, and still don't have any issues with DB locking folders while syncing. It's a great system actually. 

Gary, I've reported the bug, thank you for that link! Very helpful! Hopefully will get resolved and in the meantime using the work around! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines