Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2020 open in Elements's Camera Raw

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is it possible to configure Bridge 2020 feature "Open in Camera Raw" to open image in Photoshop Elements's Camera Raw ?

I find it not working, instead it says "Camera Raw is not enabled".  But I also have older version of actual Photoshop installed (CS6), which naturally also has own (older) version of Camera Raw. I think it is possible Adobe Bridge tries open that older Camera Raw first and then finds it incompatible and gives an error.

But latest Camera Raw from Elements should work right? I'm using win10.

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TheGiant,

(call me TheShort).

Probably not as Bridge is not engineered to go to to PE. Also, the range of capabilities of the ACR that comes with PE is extreemely limited compared to the standard ACR. Lastly, since you stated that you do have PS-CS6, my guess is that the PE is newer and might be hoping that you can get the benefits of Bridge with the benefits of a newer PE-based ACR. 

Also, your speculation that Bridge is finding the older ACR I'm sure is spot on. 

Meanwhile I strongly suggest that you check out the various options in the various Photoshop plans available. Yes they are all subscription (outside of PE), but the quality and range of capability should make it all worthwhile. Otherewise, there is PE, as well as other Photoshop-like editors that do not require a subscription. 

I hope this is of help to you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TheShort,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I would like to use this newer (although more limited) ACR because my older full-featured ACR doesn't support my new X-T30 camera. I recently found that Bridge + ACR could be very practical photo fixing combination, because I like that modifications are stored with file and I can move those files freely from storage to another and quick access them with Bridge.

I actually found kind of solution to my original problem: when in Bridge the raw file is opened in PE it also opens the ACR first. Of course I need to wait PE loading first though. 

I know my another option would be to use DNG converter and use that old ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TheGiant,

OK, whatever works. 

However, be aware that the DNG Conveter will let you use newer cameras than can be used with an old ACR. That is, if you just bought a new camera and your old ACR will not open them, if you convert the images to DNG images, than your old ACR will open the new camera's images.

FWIW, I convert all of my images to DNGs and have been doing that ever since the format was developed.

Just one word I forgot to mention that the DNG Converter will ONLY convert raw images into DNGs. While ACR can open JPGs, it cannot convert them to DNGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you gary_sc. The DNG conversion habit sounds practical. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I can't use Elements's Camera Raw from Bridge even when it is my one and only version on a computer. What a pity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi TheGiant,

I was concerned about that. I was thinking that they are wired differently so that if you have both on the same computer, you will not open the PE-ACR if you are using PS.

FWIW, the quality of PS's ACR is so vastly superior to PE-ACR (many more tools and capabilities) that even if you were using an older version of PS-ACR, you'd notice.

Sorry that I did give you some false hope,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines