• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2020 - questions

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.. when I make corrections for the color, clarity, warmth, etc., it's there but doesn't show on the thumbnails sometimes? 

When I correct one image and want to give the same corrections to the other similar images, I cannot find where to do that?

When I go to crop, I cannot find those corner arrows that let me rotate the image a little.

What happened to the tool that helps me straighten out my images? 

Suggestions?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Hi Jane,

You do not say what OS you are on but I think I can answer most of your questions:

—Things not showing up in Thumbnails: My guess is that your cache for this needs to be rebuilt. To do that, go to Tools (menu) -> Cache -> Purge Cache for (the folder you are in). If you want, you can expand on this and do -> Cache -> Manage Cache and select the bottom option "Clean up Cache (and -Purge all local cache files).

—If you've made a correction in Adobe Camera Raw and are now looking back a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

You do not say what OS you are on but I think I can answer most of your questions:

—Things not showing up in Thumbnails: My guess is that your cache for this needs to be rebuilt. To do that, go to Tools (menu) -> Cache -> Purge Cache for (the folder you are in). If you want, you can expand on this and do -> Cache -> Manage Cache and select the bottom option "Clean up Cache (and -Purge all local cache files).

—If you've made a correction in Adobe Camera Raw and are now looking back at the thumbnails in Bridge, you will see a little icon in the top right corner of that image showing if there's been any alterations and/or cropping in that image. If an image has any changes, right-click (or Control-click) on the image and scroll down until you see "Develop Settings" then select Copy Settings and then re-right-click (Control click) on the images you want to change and select Paste Settings.

—If you're in ACR and wish to do this and you've opened up a number of images in ACR, your primary image will either be on the top or on the far left. Either way, do a Command/Control-a to make all of the images active and then click on the elipse for a drop down menu and select Sync.

Bridge cannot crop. You need to be either in Photoshop or ACR to crop. At this point I guess I need to know what version of Bridge are you looking at and what version of ACR you're looking at. And while I'm at it, what is your OS (and what release)?

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac High Sierra 10.13.6

What is ACR? I'm probably being stupid here. I'm used to doing my color corrections and minor edits in Bridge/Camera Raw and then processing images for large or small jpegs. Then I use photoshop for retouching, sizing, etc. When I'm preparing images, I might want to crop someone out for the small jpegs that I send to my client.

Is this making sense? I will try emptying the cache.  Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must mean Adobe Camera Raw... I just got it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, when trying to help folks I always type it out and later I use the Initialization to save typing time.

It sounds like your workflow is fine, no issues there. 

I also may crop either in ACR or Photoshop depending on where the image is going and/or what it will be used for. 

I can answer your last question after i find out which version you're using (the answer is conditional). BTW, when asking questions here, please add which version your OS and your software is with the question AND please be specific because you can do some things within Bridge but cropping is definitely not one of them! ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the advice. I don't post here as you can tell. Mac High Sierra 10.13.6 .. and Bridge 2020...mentioned in my title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines