• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2020 Slow/Sluggish impossible to use - Reverting to Bridge 2019 but new issues

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rely on bridge in my workflow extensively for organization and processing. After the 2020 release it became impossible to use. Any simple action I would get the spinning color wheel. Working with files in bridge took much longer or became impossible. I re-installed Adobe Bridge 2019 and it works much better but this version seemed to lose some functionality. I lost the ability ot access all of the Photoshop Tools in the tools menu but specifically one I depend on "Load files into photoshop layers..." I do know there are ways within photoshop to stack the files into layers but it's little more clunky. I was hoping the latest Bridge update would resolve any issues I was having but it hasn't. So add my name to the list of disappointed. 

If anyone knows a way of adding the Photoshop tools back into the Tools menu I would appreciate it. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing all adobe software but this didn't seem to work. Any other thoughts?

Machine specs below.

Mojave 

Mac Pro (Mid 2012)

2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

40 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 6 GB

UPDATE:  I decided to start from scratch. I reformatted drive and reinstalled everything. I would like to give it a few days but right off the bat Bridge 2020 is working great. 

-Kevin Todora
TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop installs a script that adds the tools submenu. Try reinstalling Photoshop after you get Bridge installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried again. Uninstalled all versions of bridge and photoshop and then reinstall as you suggested and it didn't work. Tools still missing. 

-Kevin Todora

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a search on your computer for this file: photoshop_v2020.jsx and make a copy of it and put it in a safe place. In a plain text editor, open the original file and go to line 210 and change the 10 to a 9, so  it reads:

tempPSVersionInfo.bridgeTargetVersion = '9';

Also change line 212 so it reads 2019 rather than 2020:

tempPSVersionInfo.bridgeDisplayVersion = '2019'; // does not get localized

Save the file and reboot. If you ever dicide to use Bridge 2020, replace the edited version with the one you copied. If you do an update to PS 2020, it might revert the file back to the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did  a search and don't see this file hidden or otherwise on my machine. Is there a general location I can look or variation in name? 

-Kevin Todora

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you on? I know it in Win, but not sure on a MAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Windows, it's located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Startup Scripts CC\Adobe Photoshop\photoshop-v2020.jsx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines