• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2020 still crashing on launch after latest update (unsolved)

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Adobe Bridge 2020 is still the only app that crashes for me even after the latest update to v10.0.1.

With crashing I mean it bounces a few times in dock then closes without posting a crash report window.

Thankfully Adobe 2019 still works and is currently in use along with the latest Photoshop and Lightroom versions on macOS Catalina 10.15.1

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it does

Some laptops have dual GPU s

They also tend to have video drivers that have not been updated properly and have been designed or optimized for that particlular laptop.

He has a windows crash report we should be able to figure out his problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now with v10.1 it still crashes so I'm still on v9.1!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WLan,

did you try to (temporarily, at least) disable SIP (System Integrity Protection) on your Mac? There are some reports that this could, for some unknonw reasons, solve your issue.

If you don't know what SIP is, please check

Apple Support - About System Integrity Protection on your Mac 

Official documentation for disabling / enabling:

Apple Developer - Configuring System Integrity Protection 

A quick walk-through for disabling / enabling:

1. Restart your Mac
  2. Hold âŒ˜R as soon as the screen goes black, and release it when you see the white Apple logo + progress bar
  3. This should take you to Recovery Mode: head to Utilities > Terminal
  4. Type csrutil status / disable / enable depending on what you need to do (respectively query for current status, disable or enable)
  5. Restart in normal mode for the changes to take effect

I may be wrong, but I think that disabling SIP is fine as long as you don't have to type any administrator user / password in any dialog. My understanding is that the primary purpose of SIP is to prevent malicious software from modifying core system files after being granted root permissions. So having it on or off, as long as you do not grant root permissions to any software, should make no difference.

Would love to hear from you if this helped in any way.

Ciao

Sergio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vastunghia,

Already tried those steps and same issue occurs.

I think I'm the only person on earth having this issue 🙂

Thanks for the help though, much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been comparing Bridge 2019 and 2020 logs in Library/Application Support and the only difference is the following error in 2020:

ERROR | 2020-09-09 | 12:41:30.523 | 105553167600384 | DoOpen | BrowserDocument::DoOpen threw an exception
ERROR | 2020-09-09 | 12:41:30.523 | 105553167600384 | DoNew | PApplication::DoNew(BrowserTarget) threw an exception
Bridge 2019 does not how any errors so this must be the reason for crashing at launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines